Single Trade Permits for Registered ContractorsIf you're a registered contractor applying for a single trade permit, you can obtain a permit online. Call (972) 721-2371 to obtain a password / PIN if you do not already have one. A single trade permit is electrical, mechanical, plumbing, irrigation, or roofing.
You can apply, pay for, and print your own permit, as well as schedule inspections and get inspection results. If you need help, view the ETrakit online instructions (PDF).
Single Trade Permits for Non-ContractorsThis Single Trade Permit application is for electrical, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, irrigation, and residential roof permits.
The application will need to be emailed to us at email@example.com. We will contact you with a permit number. Once you have the permit number, then you can make the payment by calling the automated payment and inspection line at (972) 721-3774. Once payment is received, the permit will be emailed back to you.
For Residential Permits: The homeowner must have a homestead exemption filed with the Dallas Central Appraisal district to apply, except for roof permits.
Inspections and Payments
ONLINE: Registered Contractors: Use our eTrakit system to pay online, schedule inspections, or see inspection results.
PHONE: Irving Building Inspection System (IBIS) (Automated Phone System)
(Schedule inspections and pay permit fees)
- Dial (972) 721-3774 to schedule inspections or make permit payments (have your permit number ready). Contractors cannot pay registration fees with this system.
- IBIS Brochure (PDF) This brochure includes a list of inspection codes and telephone numbers for permit payments.
- When can I get my inspection? The cut-off time to request an inspection is 6 a.m. the day of the inspection. (Monday through Friday only)
Email Inspection Requests
- Email inspection requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the permit number, address, and type of inspection requested.
- Inspection requests must be received before 4:30 pm for next business day.