Adoption Fee: $70-$100
Animals being adopted will be:
- Up-to-date on their vaccinations, including rabies if the animal is over 4 months of age.
- Spayed or Neutered or $50 voucher towards spay/neuter (depending on surgery availability).
- Given a general dewormer and treated for fleas.
- Microchipped and registered with 24 Pet Watch.
- Heartworm tested (Dogs over 6 months of age).
- FeLV/FIV tested (all cats and kittens six months of age and older, prior to adoption).
- Given 30 days of 24Hour Pet Watch Pet Insurance (with a valid email address).
- Given a sample bag of Science Diet.
Minimum of $50 impoundment fee, plus:
- $10 microchip–if the animal is not already microchipped
- $10 rabies vaccine–if a current rabies certificate is not be presented at the time of reclamation
- $6 daily maintenance fee for each day animal is impounded
- $5 city registration fee if animal resides in Irving and is not already registered
City Registration Fee: $5-$15
- $5 if animal is microchipped
- $10 if animal is not microchipped but is spayed/neutered
- $15 if animal is not microchipped or spayed/neutered
Microchip Fee: $10 (available only to Irving residents)
- Includes implantation and registration with 24 Pet Watch
Quarantine Fee: $100, including:
- 10 day observation period at the shelter from the date and time of the bite
- Rabies vaccination
- Microchip implantation and registration with 24 Pet Watch
Transfer to adoption partner fee: $20
The animal welfare community is vibrant and passionate about saving the lives of countless homeless pets. These persons and organizations, located throughout our city and nation, provide foster homes, transport animals, promote the adoption of animals, post pictures on websites, and assist shelters in numerous other ways. Irving Animal Services works with the animal welfare community to place Irving Animal Care Campus animals into loving homes. While Irving Animal Services is appreciative of the efforts of the individuals and organizations that comprise the animal welfare community, the City of Irving neither controls them nor is
responsible for the content on their websites.