Lost and Found
Irving Animal Services wants to help all animals find their way back home.
What should I do if I lost my pet?
- Fill out a lost report. Reports are sent to shelter staff and posted below on this page. Reports are held in our database for 30 days then removed. After 30 days, you may fill out another report if your pet is still missing.
- Check our website daily to see if your pet was brought into the shelter. To access our online database, select Animals In Our Shelter. This will list all the animals that we currently have in our shelter.
- Visit our shelter as often as possible to ensure your pet was not brought in. Be mindful that your pet might also have been taken to a neighboring city shelter, so be sure to also check there.
- Search your neighborhood, leaving the description of your pet and your contact information with as many people and businesses as possible.
- Advertise in local newspapers and be sure to read the "Found" ads.
- If you are fortunate enough to find your lost pet, please consider a microchip for your pet.
What should I do if I found a pet?
- Bring the animal to the Irving Animal Shelter.
- If you are unable to transport the animal or feel that to do so may endanger your safety, you can call Irving Animal Services to pick-up the animal from you at no charge.
- If you choose to shelter the animal yourself, please fill out a found report. Reports are sent to shelter staff and posted on this page (see below). Reports are held in our database for 30 days then removed. After 30 days, you may fill out another report if the owner has not been found.
- Take the pet to your local veterinarian or our shelter to be scanned for a microchip.
- Advertise in local newspapers and be sure to read the "Lost" ads.
How can I submit a Lost/Found report?
- To submit a Lost/Found report, click on the appropriate link below. If you would like to submit a picture, which is highly recommended, be sure to include your email address so that an attendant may contact you.
- Lost Report
- Found Report
- If you find your pet or the owner, please let us know so we may cancel your report.
How can I view Lost/Found reports submitted?
Irving Animal Services has partnered with Petango to post all animals submitted to us via our Lost and Found reports. Below you will find these reports and any pictures submitted. If you feel that one the animals listed below might be the one you lost/found, please contact Irving Animal Services for more information.
*Please be advised that the animals listed below are for informational purposes and are not the animals currently in our shelter.
Lost Reports submitted to Irving Animal Services
Found Reports submitted to Irving Animal Services
The animal welfare community is vibrant and passionate about saving the lives of countless homeless pets. These persons and organizations, located throughout our city and nation, provide foster homes, transport animals, promote the adoption of animals, post pictures on websites, and assist shelters in numerous other ways. Irving Animal Services works with the animal welfare community to place Irving Animal Care Campus animals into loving homes. While Irving Animal Services is appreciative of the efforts of the individuals and organizations that comprise the animal welfare community, the City of Irving neither controls them nor is
responsible for the content on their websites.