Board of Health/Community Health
825 W. Irving Blvd.
Irving, TX 75060
|Left to right: James Stegall, Vice-chairman Dr. Michael Chiu, Mark Hernandez, Dr. Clement Anyiwo, Chairman John Drake,
Mary Kay Hartley, Dr. Carole Baas and Steve Schellenberg
To recommend public health policies to the Irving City Council that make Irving a healthy place to live, learn and work.
To establish a healthy environment in which Irving residents live, work and learn. This goal will be achieved by diligently implementing the following ten essential public health services:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.