To schedule free fire safety education classes for any group, business, or organization located in Irving, complete the online Community Outreach Group Presentation Request form. Please give us at least one months advance notice in scheduling a class or presentation.
This week's Safety Topic:
The Irving Fire Department asks everyone to celebrate but be safe this LABOR DAY weekend. Please keep the following safety tips in mind:
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately get away from the grill and call the fire department.
- Wear a seat belt every time you drive or ride in a motor vehicle, no matter how short the trip.
- Always buckle your child in the car using a child safety seat, booster seat, or seat belt according to his/her height, weight, and age.
- Don’t drink and drive, and don’t let someone else drink and drive.
View Previous Weekly Safety Topics
Helpful Fire Safety Information: