Collection: Irving Community Lantern Slide Collection
Collection #: 100-155P-02
Date of photograph: 1925
Original title on slide: "Dallas County, Irving community, Union Bower School, Feb. 1925."
Description: Union Bower School. The Union Bower community, first settled in about 1880, was located in what is today's eastern Irving. The school began as a one-room building in the 1880s and grew to three rooms by the mid-1930s. The school was located on the northeast corner of the intersection of today's Grauwyler Road and Maryland Drive.
Information on original photograph: glass slide, 3¼" by 4", black-and-white.
Return to main page | Next image | Previous image