Collection: Irving Community Lantern Slide Collection
Collection #: 100-155P-06
Date of photograph: 1925
Original lable on slide: "Dallas County, Irving community, Mexican children Trinity Farms, 4 months school, Mar. 1925."
Description: Trinity Farms was a commercial farm stretching from northwest of downtown Dallas to eastern Irving through what is today the Brook Hollow Industrial District and trade market area along Stemmons Freeway. The farm operated during most of the first half of the twentieth century growing vegetables and cotton. The labor force was supplied by Mexican migrant workers and African-Americans. Separate schools were operated for the two groups. The schools were open for about four months of the year.
Information on original photograph:
glass slide, 3¼" by 4", black-and-white.
Return to main page | Next image | Previous image