Collection: Irving Community Lantern Slide Collection
Collection #: 100-155P-08
Date of photograph: 1925
Original lable on slide: "Dallas County, Irving community, Catholic Church, February, 1925."
Description: Irving's founders donated a lot at the southeast corner of Second and Jefferson streets for construction of a Catholic Church. This white frame structure was built in 1904 as St. Luke Catholic Church. It served as the parish church until 1928, when a larger building was built at Fifth Street and Iowa Street (now O'Connor Road).
Information on original photograph: glass slide, 3¼" by 4", black-and-white.
Return to main page | Next image | Previous image