Collection: The Charles and Catherine Schulze Collection
Collection #: 31-36
Date of photograph: c. 1910
Description: Three Irvingites pose on the iron bridge over the West Fork of the Trinity River. The route over this bridge was most often used in traveling between Irving and Dallas.
Notes: Back of photo reads: “perhaps the Grauwyler crossing of the Trinity.” Actually, this is the Singleton Bridge at the Singleton Boulevard/Eagle Ford crossing of the West Fork of the Trinity River. Today, only pilings of the old bridge that connected Irving to Dallas and Eagle Ford remain.
Information on original photograph:
4¼" by 3¼", black and white.
Return to main page | Next image | Previous image