Parks and Recreation Calendar Filled With Springtime Fun
Aquatic ActivitiesAqua Pilates: Enjoy the benefits of Pilates in the comfort of water. Aquatic strength training, abdominal work and power walking included in each class. This class is recommended for all fitness levels; swimming skills not necessary. Classes are offered from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Saturdays. Continuous enrollment is available at differentstrokesswimschool.com. Monthly fee is $24.
Learn to Swim: Open to ages 4 and older, these 40-minute evening swim classes are being held at North Lake Aquatic Center, 5001 N. MacArthur Blvd., from 5:30 to 6:10 p.m., 6:20 to 7 p.m. and 7:10 to 7:50 p.m. April 8-24 and May 6-22. The $50 fee covers a three-week session. Registration is available at North Lake College Aquatics Center. For more information, call (972) 262-0621 or visit differentstrokesswimschool.com.
Cimarron Park Recreation Center
201 Red River Trail, (972) 910-0702
• Flea Market – 8 a.m. to noon April 20. Sell gently used items at this indoor yard sale. Cost is $15 per booth if vendors provide their own tables and chairs. For $20, a table and two chairs will be provided. Registration deadline is April 18. Free admission for shoppers.
Georgia Farrow Recreation Center
530 Davis Drive, (972) 721-2519
• Teen Jam – 7 to 11 p.m. April 27. Middle and high school students are invited to the Teen Jam for music, dancing, games and food. Complimentary pizza and soda will be served. Free admission with valid IPAR card or school ID.
Heritage Senior Center
200 S. Jefferson St., (972) 721-2496
• National Scrapbook Day – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. April 6. Goodie bags, door prizes, lunch and the latest scrapbooking products await participants. Registration is required. Cost is $32. Space is limited. For more information, contact Susie Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 986-5752.
Lee Park Recreation Center
3000 Pamela Drive, (972) 721-2508
• Home School Fair – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 6. Lee Park Recreation Center and the Irving Home School Association have partnered to host the annual Home School Fair open to all homeschooling families in Irving and surrounding areas. Students, grades K–12, will compete in the following categories: photography, fine arts, hobbies, crafts, baking, sewing, science, essay writing and Olympic games. In addition, vendors and groups will be available to provide information and entertainment for attendees. Lunch will be provided. Cost is $2 per person.
Lively Pointe Youth Center
909 N. O’Connor Road, (972) 721-8090
• Teen Jam – 7 to 11 p.m. April 13. At the Teen Jam, middle and high school students will enjoy music, games, pizza and refreshments. Free admission with valid IPAR card or school ID.
• AAA Dare To Prepare – 6:30 to 8 p.m. April 23. This interactive program teaches teens, ages 14–16, and their parents the requirements for obtaining an instructional permit and driver’s license in Texas. Participants will review safe driving habits, the licensing process and state regulations. Limited spaces; free. A parent or guardian must accompany teens. Call (469) 221- 8217 to register.
Mustang Park Recreation Center
2223 Kinwest Parkway, (972) 556-1334
• Soccerpalooza – 10 a.m. to noon April 13. Successful Students and Athletes will host a morning full of soccer fun, where players will learn soccer skills and techniques through exercises and games. Registration is required. Cost is $5 for ages 3-6, and $10 for ages 7-10.
Northwest Park Recreation Center
2800 Cheyenne St., (972) 721-2529
• Home School Scavenger Hunt – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 12. Groups will discover hidden clues throughout the park and win prizes. For home-schooled students, grades 1-12. Registration deadline is April 4. Cost is $2 per person.
Senter Park Recreation Center
901 S. Senter Road, (972) 721-2641
• Spring Yard Sale – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 13. Sell gently used items at this neighborhood yard sale. Cost is $10 per space, which includes a table and chair. Limit is two spaces per person. Registration deadline is April 11. In case of rain, the event will be held April 20. Free admission for shoppers.
Posted March 27