Road Construction Updates
|Subscribe now for
email updates on
the city's major road construction projects.
The City of Irving works hard to minimize the disruption caused by road construction, and in doing so, wants to keep everyone apprised of construction projects, timelines and traffic flow. While we apologize for the traffic cones, we also know construction means new and improved infrastructure, as well as community growth. Growth brings in the tax revenue needed to continue offering quality services and maintain Irving resident taxes and fees that are among the lowest in North Texas.
Committed to keeping the community informed on capital improvement projects, residents can receive email updates on road construction projects affecting traffic by subscribing to the city’s listserv. Subscribe now for free email updates.
City of Irving Projects
- O’Connor Boulevard - State Highway 114 to Riverside Drive: (map) Will be closed from Las Colinas Boulevard to Riverside Dr., beginning April 1.
* Status: Traffic on O’Connor will be detoured to Fuller
Dr. (eastbound); Williams Square parking garages will be accessible via Brune Way.
- O’Connor Road - S.H. 183 to Rochelle Road:
* Status: Paving work continues. Expect intermittent traffic delays.
- Chemsearch Boulevard: (map) Southbound lanes will be closed, effective Feb. 17, to all traffic between Northgate Drive to S.H. 183 to replace a water line.
* Status: The southbound lanes are expected to be closed for four months. One northbound lane will be converted to southbound, providing one lane in each direction for drivers.
- East Pioneer Drive - Delaware Street to Britain Road: (map) Effective Feb. 20, all lanes will be closed to traffic between Britain Road and Lively Street.
* Status: Traffic will be detoured to Britain Road and Lively Street. Expect various lane closures of East Pioneer Drive between Delaware Street and Lively Street through April 2014.
- Grauwyler Road/Phase II: Reduced
to one way (westbound) from Irving Heights to Loop 12.
- Hackberry Road: Closed, effective Feb. 10, to all traffic between Belt Line Road and Ranch Trail.
* Status: Westbound
traffic will be detoured to use Ranch Trail, the westbound frontage road of
I.H. 635, and Belt Line Road. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to use
the eastbound frontage road of I.H. 635, Olympus Blvd., and Ranch Trail.
- MacArthur Boulevard
- State Highway 183 to Grauwyler Road: Reduced to one lane in each direction.
- at State Highway 114: Turning lanes to SH 114 are inaccessible from MacArthur.
* Status: Northbound traffic on MacArthur will be detoured
to Royal Lane. Southbound traffic will be detoured to Walnut Hill Road. The
turning lanes in each direction will be closed at different times.
- State Highways 183 and 114, Loop 12 (former Texas Stadium site)
A public hearing was scheduled 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 20 at William B. Travis Middle School, 1600 Finley Road, Irving.
The purpose of the meeting was to provide information regarding the status of and the planned, phased construction approach for State Highway (SH) 183 from SH 161 to Intestate Highway 35 East (I-35E), Loop (LP) 12/I-35E from Spur (SP) 408 to I-635, and SH 114 from International Parkway to SH 183.
Link to TxDOT meeting announcement
- State Highway 183 corridor
This TxDOT project encompasses SH 183 from SH 121 in Bedford to IH 35E in Dallas. SH 183 will be reconstructed to six to eight general purpose lanes, four to six concurrent tolled managed lanes, and four frontage road lanes. Construction on some preliminary projects is under way. View the 2014 Project Tracker fact sheet and map.
- SH 161 Corridor (President George Bush Turnpike - Western Extension)
TxDOT will be restriping lanes to provide interim “Peak Hour” lanes (one in each direction) on a
6.3-mile section of SH 161 and President George Bush Turnpike from south of
Conflans Road to north of State Highway 114. View the informational handout.