Road Construction Updates
|Subscribe now for
email updates on
the city's major road construction projects.
The City of Irving works hard to minimize the disruption caused by road construction, and in doing so, wants to keep everyone apprised of construction projects, timelines and traffic flow. While we apologize for the traffic cones, we also know construction means new and improved infrastructure, as well as community growth. Growth brings in the tax revenue needed to continue offering quality services and maintain Irving resident taxes and fees that are among the lowest in North Texas.
Committed to keeping the community informed on capital improvement projects, residents can receive email updates on road construction projects affecting traffic by subscribing to the city’s listserv. Subscribe now for free email updates.
City of Irving Projects
- O’Connor Boulevard - State Highway 114 to Riverside Drive:
* Status: Beginning Monday, April 7, traffic on Las Colinas Boulevard will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the intersection of Las Colinas Boulevard and O’Connor Boulevard, to facilitate the installation of two water mains, a storm sewer system and pavement. The Las Colinas Boulevard lane closures will remain in effect through approximately November 2014. MORE
- O’Connor Road - S.H. 183 to Rochelle Road:
* Status: O'Connor Road from State Highway 183 to Metker Street is now partially open to two lanes of traffic in each direction. Additionally, the intersection of O'Connor Road and Rochelle Road has been fully opened. Some final work remains on driveways, sidewalks and retaining walls. The far western lane (on the southbound side) will stay closed until the project's completion.
- Chemsearch Boulevard: (map) Southbound lanes will be closed, effective Feb. 17, to all traffic between Northgate Drive to S.H. 183 to replace a water line.
* Status: The southbound lanes are expected to be closed for four months. One northbound lane will be converted to southbound, providing one lane in each direction for drivers.
- East Pioneer Drive - Delaware Street to Britain Road: (map)
* Status: The drainage improvements along Pioneer Drive between BNR Railroad Tracks and Britain Road are complete. The lane closures and the detour will be removed on Friday, April 11. All lanes on Pioneer Drive are open for traffic.
- Grauwyler Road/Phase II - From southbound frontage road of Loop 12 to Irving Heights (map)
* Status: The single westbound lane has been shifted to the eastbound side of street through April, until wastewater mains are completely installed.
- Grauwyler Road - From Story Road to Irving Boulevard Frontage Road (map)
* Status: Grauwyler Road, from Story Road to the Irving Boulevard Frontage Road, will be closed for approximately six weeks for activities related to wastewater main, manhole and pavement replacement. Traffic will be detoured to Irving Boulevard.
- Hackberry Road: Closed, effective Feb. 10, to all traffic between Belt Line Road and Ranch Trail.
* Status: Westbound
traffic will be detoured to use Ranch Trail, the westbound frontage road of
I.H. 635, and Belt Line Road. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to use
the eastbound frontage road of I.H. 635, Olympus Blvd., and Ranch Trail.
- MacArthur Boulevard
- State Highway 183 to Grauwyler Road: Reduced to one lane in each direction.
- at State Highway 114: Turning lanes to SH 114 are inaccessible from MacArthur.
* Status: Northbound traffic on MacArthur will be detoured
to Royal Lane. Southbound traffic will be detoured to Walnut Hill Road. The
turning lanes in each direction will be closed at different times.
- Schulze Drive and Sowers Road - From 2nd Street to Larry Drive: (map)
* Status: Schulze Drive and Sowers Road between Larry Drive and 2nd Street are closed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., through the end of the school year.
- Story Road - From Rutherford Street to Ridgewood Street: (map)
* Status: Beginning Monday, April 7, the southbound side of North Story Road Road from Rutherford Street to Ridgewood Street will be closed for wastewater main construction for approximately six months. Two-way traffic will continue on the northbound side of Story Road, with a single lane in each direction. Residents whose driveways will be directly affected by the work will be provided access routes through the work zone. All businesses and residences will be accessible during construction.