Public auctions of abandoned motor vehicles are scheduled at 10 a.m. on the lastThursday of each month with the possible exception of November and December, which will be scheduled so auction dates do not fall on holidays. All vehicles can be viewed beginning at 8 a.m. on each auction day. The auctions are held at the Municipal Auto Pound located at 401 Valley View Lane.
Lone Star Auctioneers, Inc.
4629 Mark IV Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76106
2013 Auction Dates
Miscellaneous auctions for the City's surplus vehicles, heavy and light equipment, high tech equipment, furniture and fixtures, etc., are held as needed.
- Feb. 28
- April 25
- June 27
- Aug. 29
- Oct. 31
- Dec. 12
Abandoned Vehicles Sale
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Thank you for conforming to the above terms and conditions. Top
- The City of Irving reserves the right to enter the first and last bid.
- All Sales are final and no refund or exchanges will be authorized.
- Full payment shall be made before buyer leaves premises.
- All purchases will be paid in full prior to removal from a City Pound storage lot.
- No warranty for the condition of vehicles or parts is expressed or implied. The City does not warrant title to vehicles or parts but will only pass the title interest the City of Irving has.The descriptions of items appearing in the Notice of Public Sale and previous advertising are believed to be correct. However, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by City employees or Auctioneer shall be construed as a warranty. All items are sold "as is, where is".
- All vehicles or parts become the responsibility of the buyer when struck down to him by the Auctioneer. Buyer, at time of purchase, assumes all risk of loss or damage to vehicles or parts until removed from sale premises.
- All vehicles or parts sold and paid for must be removed from the City of Irving lot by the Sunday following the Thursday sale. Unclaimed vehicles will be re-impounded and storage charges will begin to accrue on the sold vehicles.
- The City of Irving reserves the right to resell any vehicle not paid for in full or paid for but not removed from the premises after the auction.
- Seller shall retain full security interest in all merchandise paid by check(s) and/or credit card. Auctioneers may, at their discretion, accept late payments while still onsite at the City of Irving Auto Pound. Buyers late with payment will be required to pay a late fee and post a deposit in an amount equivalent to the late payment for at least six months in order to register at future city's auctions. Anyone not paying for merchandise within 30 minutes after the last item is sold is subject to a 2.5% late fee deposit. Anyone not paying for merchandise shall not be allowed to return to the auction. All sales are final, no refunds.
- The Auctioneer shall designate the purchases after each item is sold. If a dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer may reopen bidding at his discretion. His designation of buyer shall be final. The Auctioneer maintains sole authority to resolve disputes between buyer and the Auctioneer. His or her decision shall be final and absolute. Upon the sale of each lot, the Auctioneer announces the final sale price and successful Buyer's number. All questions or disputes regarding buyer, lot identity, price or quantity must be resolved immediately upon the sale of said lot. No changes or adjustments will be made later. The record of the sale kept by the Auctioneer and sale clerk will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
- City of Irving Ordinance 3488 prohibits any City employee or member of their family from submitting a bid either directly or indirectly for any item.
Auto Pound Auction Instructions
- New bidders to the auction must, register in the City Pound Office with Lone Star Auctioneers on the day of the auction. Information for bidders is available at www.lonestarauctioneers.com. Registration of bidders and previewing of vehicles begins at 8 a.m. on auction date. All persons attending the auction must be at least 18 years of age.
- All vehicles are purchased "as is, where is”" with no guarantee or warranty of performance of quality of merchandise. The Auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defect in any lot and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made because of any incorrectness, error in cataloging, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to look over and inspected the cars. The City does not warrant title to vehicles or parts but will only pass the title interest the City of Irving has
- Since all vehicles are purchased "as is where is," buyers are encourage to look over each car before bidding.
- You must pay for your purchase(s) at the time of sale. Auctioneer may extend time periods for payment based on volume of vehicles sold. All vehicles or parts for must removed from the City of Irving lot by Sunday following the Thursday sale. Unclaimed vehicles will be re-impound and storage charges will begin to accrue on th sold vehicles. Settlement must be made in full immediately upon the completion of the auction by cash, cashier's check or check accompanied by a current blank letter of guarantee (to be presented upon registration). Checks without a bank letter and credit cards (MasterCard, visa and Discover) are subject to a 2.5 percent "non-compliant payment" fee. Seller shall retain full security interest in all merchandise paid by check(s) and/or credit card. Anyone not paying for merchandise shall not be allowed to return to the auction. All sales are final, no refunds.
- Paperwork for title application is prepared by the auctioneer. It will be mailed to the last address on your auction file within one week of auction. Any questions concerning titles should be directed to Lone Star Auctioneers, Inc. at (817) 740-9400 or (817) 429-3336.
- You may not write on ,or make any changes to, the title application(s). The name given for titles is the name put on the title application. Neither the City nor the auctioneer will change names once the application is completed.
- The City of Irving, contracted auctioneer, and the wrecker contractor are not responsible for your car after you make your purchase. This includes the time period between when the vehicle is paid for and when it is actually picked up.
- Bidders may not take anything out of a car or place anything in a car until until after payment has been made and a paid receipt provided.
- It is against state law for bidders to agree prior to or during the auction on which items they will be bidding on in order to limit bidding.