||Recyclables must be in blue recycling bags, which can be purchased at City Hall and most of Irving's Recreation Centers. For a complete listing of locations, click here.
- Recycle only on designated recycling days. Call (972) 721-8059 to inquire about your curbside recycling schedule, or visit Irving's Interactive Maps. (Enter your address on the right side of the interactive map webpage and select "Find address," then select "Recycle Zones" under the Solid Waste Services folder and select "Update map.")
- Aluminum and steel food cans
- Aerosol cans
- Plastic containers numbers 1 - 7
- Glass bottles and jars
- Junk mail (direct mail)
- Mixed office paper
- School paper
- Paperboard boxes (cereal, macaroni, etc.)
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened and put under the blue recycling bag)
- Aeseptic containers (milk cartons, juice boxes, etc.)
- Styrofoam or packing peanuts
- Bottles which have contained pesticides, motor oil, or other hazardous materials
- Light bulbs
- Plate glass, auto glass, ceramics, etc.
- Yard waste
Recycling crews will not pick up bags that contain unacceptable items. The bags will be left at the curb and a courtesy notice will be left on the door explaining how to correct the problem. Once the issue is corrected, please set the bag out on the next recycling collection day.
Proper Set Out Tips:
- Recyclables must be set out by 7 a.m. on recycling day.
- Be sure to flatten all cardboard boxes.
- Place recyclables separate from the trash.
- Set recyclables away from sprinkler systems.
- Bags cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- All acceptable recyclable items may be placed together in the same blue bags.
- Drain and rinse bottles and cans.