Ask the Budget Fiscal Friends (BFFs)
Public Input Sought on Irving City Budget
Residents are invited to provide input on the Fiscal Year (FY) 2021-22 budget to help shape the future of the City of Irving. Various methods for providing input are available prior to the scheduled Sept. 17 budget adoption.
Comments can be made to the city council online on any aspect of the budget using the Ask the BFFs input form. The service offers accurate information regarding financial matters and direct access to the Budget team.
Residents also can submit questions to the BFFs regarding the FY 2021-22 budget by sending an email to Ask the BFFs. The Budget team will respond to all questions and post answers to this page. Submitted questions are subject to editing for content, tone and clarity.
- Please tell me WHY the City of Irving needs TWO trash collections each week?
- I believe bicycle lanes or signage saying bicycles have use of lane should be a priority. Also please repair potholes.
- I wish to know what dollar amounts are budgeted to protect/update our city’s business software infrastructure against any third party hostage.
- Will you please provide a link or information which shows all city departments and their salaries broken down within the department?
- City of Irving taxes should not be increased, as I have lived in Irving for 25 years and have seen nothing done about South Irving.
- Cut the pick up of Solid Waste (garbage) to one time a week.
- Could we possibly consider going to plastic trash cans for both regular and recycle trash?
- Will the budget and tax rate public hearing be about property taxes as well?
- I think it would be beneficial to have Animal Control's phone number on all city parks signage since many times strays are seen in the parks.