Heritage Aquatic Center
Currently, aquatics facilities are open to Irving residents only. Admission is walk-up; no reservations required unless noted.
Summer Holiday Closures:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Lap Swim, Self-Directed Fitness
|Days of Operation||Time|
|Monday, Wednesday||7:30 a.m. to noon|
|Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday||5:30 to 8:30 p.m.|
Register online at CityofIrving.org/IrvingRec.
|Water Aerobic Days||Time|
|Senior EZ: Monday, Wednesday, Friday||7:30 to 8:15 a.m.|
|Senior Prep: Monday, Wednesday, Friday||8:30 to 9:15 a.m.|
|Night Steppers: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday||6:30 to 7:15 p.m.|
The remodeled Heritage Aquatic Center opened in August 2018. The $690,000 project was a joint effort between the City of Irving's Parks and Recreation, and Building and Equipment Services departments.
Updates and renovations included resurfacing and replacing tile in the 120,000-gallon pool and current channel; resurfacing the center's spa; a new climate control unit; and an LED smart overhead lighting system.
is a year-round indoor facility that offers a 20-yard lap pool, a spa and a water walking channel.
Patrons can work out on their own.
- 12-Person Spa
- 20-Yard Lap Pool
- Accessible Chair Lift
- Accessible Ramp
- Temperature-Controlled Pool
- Water Chair
- Water Walking Channel
The water temperature for the main pool is kept around 84 degrees, and the spa is maintained between 96 and 100 degrees.
A ramp, chair lift and shallow steps are offered to assist getting into the pool and all have hand rails on both sides. There is also a water chair for patron convenience.
Daily Gate Fees
|Resident Daily Fee
|3 and younger||Free|
|Seniors (50 and older)||Free|
Guests using aquatic facilities should note:
- No food, drinks or coolers are allowed, with the exception of bottled water, in indoor aquatic facilities.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed at outdoor aquatic facilities. A cooler fee of $5 is charged for any cooler larger than 24 inches long by 15 inches wide by 18 inches high.
- All coolers are subject to inspection at the facility's entry.
- No glass containers are allowed in Irving aquatic facilities.
- No alcohol is allowed at Irving aquatic facilities.
- Proper swim attire must be worn at the pool.
- Guests are encouraged to wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose on deck areas.
- Lifejackets are available for loan.