Site Terms and Conditions
If you have an emergency, please call 911 immediately. This site is not an appropriate option for reporting urgent matters of any type. Please contact the appropriate city department with urgent needs and/or complaints.
Official City Page
This is an official City of Irving page. All postings on this site are considered public record and may be treated as such under the Texas Public Information Act. Communication made through computer messaging systems shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the city or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action. Moderating and posting of comments will occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends / holidays will be read within a reasonable amount of time on or after the following business day.
Limited Public Forum
This is a limited public forum. The city cannot control content at the time it is posted; however, as a moderated channel of communication, all comments will eventually be reviewed for appropriate content. The city may remove inappropriate content and may also prevent future posts by that individual. The city will also report any improper behavior per the terms and conditions of the host business social media site.
Content Subject to Removal
Content which may be removed includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Profane language or content
- Discourteous communications including personal attacks on an individual’s character or appearance
- Examples include content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, mental status, status with regard to public assistance, physical or mental disability, sexual identification or orientation, or national origin
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce; advertisements
- Conduct of/or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Information about third parties that could reasonably be regarded as private
Public Record Laws
All content is subject to public records laws and will be managed, stored, and retrieved in compliance with open records laws and e-discovery laws and policies. As such, please do not include personal details such as your address, phone number(s), social security number, or any other information you do not want available to the general public.
The city logo is a copyrighted graphic and cannot be used in any manner without prior written consent of the city.
If you have specific questions regarding a city program or service that involves details you do not wish to share publicly, please contact us at (972) 721-3515 or access police departmental resources.