Citywide Scavenger Hunt - The Egg Edition
The hunt begins today! Welcome to the City of Irving’s Outdoor Scavenger Hunt - The Egg Edition. The bunny has been working hard delivering eggs in Irving. Along the way, he lost his very special Golden Egg and he needs help finding it. Follow the clues located at some of Irving's Parks and Recreation trails. This is a family friendly activity for all ages. Do you have what it takes to find all of the clues to get to the Golden Egg?
All that’s needed is a camera on your mobile device (data or wifi charges from your service provider may apply). At each correct spot, a new QR code will be provided with clues to take you to the next spot. Open the camera on your mobile device, focus on the QR code to scan and click link above to access each clue. Once completed, the final clue will link participants to a survey to fill out online. Once the survey is finished, head inside the facility where you found the Golden Egg for a prize. Select the Scavenger Hunt logo to the right to get to the first clue.
Scavenger Hunt Rules
1. The scavenger hunts begins at noon on Friday, March 26 and ends 4 p.m., Saturday, April 3.
2. Each clue can be accessed onsite using the camera on your mobile device.
3. Once you think you have the first clue figured out, head to the location and find the sign with the next clue’s QR code.
4. Continue your hunt until you scan the final clue. The final QR code will provide a form that, once submitted will be able to go inside the recreation facility to claim a prize.
5. While you’re enjoying the Scavenger Hunt, take a family photo or selfie and post on Facebook using the hashtag #IrvingEvents.
Irving Parks and Recreation encourages safe exercise and out-of-doors activities, while continuing to follow CDC guidelines, including washing hands, wearing a face covering and avoiding close contact by maintaining 6 feet of distance between others.
Please respect all parks and leave the Scavenger Hunt signs in place for more participants to find and enjoy. This activity is meant for everyone to enjoy and explore the great parks in Irving.