IRVING POLICE DEPARTMENT
CIVIL SERVICE TEST REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
The Irving Police Department will be having a Police Civil Service Test on June 10, 2023. The test will be offered at two different locations. The first location will be at Nimitz High School, 100 W. Oakdale Rd. Irving, TX 75060. The second location will be held at The Ahern Hotel 300 W. Sahara Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89102. The Irving test will start at 8am Central time. The Las Vegas test will start at 8am Pacific time.
registration for the upcoming test has ended, but you can still take the test as a walk in. If you want to walk in and take the June 10, 2023 test in either Irving or Las Vegas, please contact Investigator Trezza at email@example.com
Before taking the exam, applicants should review the application information list (PDF). This requested information should be collected prior to attending the exam and will be used to complete the online Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ).
- Review the written test study guide.
- Review fitness test standards.
- Bring your own #2 pencil(s) for the written exam.
Upon successful completion of the written and/or physical test, the applicant will receive an email invitation to the Irving Police Department's online Personal History Questionnaire. The applicant will be required to complete the online PHQ fourteen days from the date of the written exam (06/24/2023).
Chief's Letter and PHQ Instructions
In-state and out-of-state applicants and laterals will have to travel to Irving three times during the hiring process.
- Registration for the upcoming June 10, 2023 test is closed. We are accepting walk-ins to the test. To walk in on the day of the test in either Irving or Las Vegas please contact Investigator Trezza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take the civil service test and the fitness test in-person. Expect these tests will take up most of the day, until about 5 p.m.
- Applicants must score a 70 or above on the written test to move on to the fitness test.
- Information about the fitness test is available online.
Once the civil service and fitness tests are passed, the applicant is placed on an eligibility list based on the civil service test score. That eligibility list will be available on Police Recruiting website within 10 days of the civil service test administration.
- Eligible applicants will be invited back to Irving for a prepolygraph interview and a polygraph. Applicants must successfully pass both component to move into the background phase of the process.
- Once the background check is completed, eligible applicants will be invited back again for the oral board.
- Upon passing the oral board, applicants will be invited to sign a conditional hire agreement. The agreement is based on an applicant passing the psychological test and medical exam.
- After passing the psychological test and medical exam, an applicant is given a start date.
All noncommissioned applicants will attend a five-month police academy to obtain a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) License. The academy is held 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Lateral In-state officer applicants with at least 12 months of patrol experience will be required to attend a 9 week abbreviated training program. Lateral out-of-state applicants with patrol experience may be eligible to attend an abbreviated in-house lateral police academy if they meet the TCOLE requirements for challenging the state test.
Further information on the HIRING PROCESS
Look up Irving Police Department salary data for police and detention officers, as well as dispatchers.
Find out what kind of promotions are available to officers in the Irving Police Department.
View retirement benefits for the City of Irving Police Department
See a breakdown of all the benefits offered by the Irving Police Department.
The City of Irving employs a biweekly, 80-hour pay period. During each pay period, Irving Police officers work six 12-hour shifts and one eight-hour shift.
POLICE SALARY CALCULATOR
This page contains a link to look up potential total salary calculations to help make an informed
- For Detention application questions, call (972) 721-2745.
- For Dispatcher application questions, call (972) 721-4773.
- Communications Hiring Division Email
G. Williams, Sergeant
Email Sgt. Williams
P: (972) 721-2723
D. Moore, Investigator
Email Officer Moore
P: (972) 721-3512
C. Trezza, Investigator
Email Officer Trezza
P: (972) 721-3795
K. Dingledine, Investigator
Email Officer Dingledine
P: (972) 721-3518
N. Gard, Investigator
Email Officer Gard
P: (972) 721-3793
R. Batchelor, Investigator
Email Officer Batchelor
P: (972) 721-3574
305 N. O'Connor Road
Irving, TX 75061
Phone: (972) 721-3795
Toll free: (877) 777-3750