Out of State Traveling to Texas Information
Take steps to protect yourself
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Please bring your own #2 pencil(s) for the written exam
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people – seating for the written exam will be 1 person, every other chair.
- While standing in line for registration, we ask that you keep 3 or more feet between one another as a safety precaution
- When you get to the registration table please do not stand directly over the table. Keep at least 3 feet between you and the table.
Take steps to protect others
Stay home if you’re sick (we will have another Civil Service Exam in July if you are unable to attend the April 18th test day)
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
Cover coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.