Other Utilities and Services
For a list of retail electric providers in your area, visit the Power to Choose website. If you have questions about how to choose a retail electric provider, call (866) 797-4839.
The affiliate retail electric provider was a part of the original electric company that generated and sold electricity in this area. After deregulation, the affiliate retail electric provider only sells electricity and provides customer service. The local wires company is the company that transmits and delivers electricity and is still responsible for maintenance and repair of poles and wires.
- Affiliate Electric Company: TXU Energy, (800) 242-9113
- : TXU Electric Delivery, (888) 313-4747
- Report issues, downed power lines, street light problems or items hanging from lines, as well as view outage maps: Oncor, (888) 313-6862
Entertainment/Television, Internet Services
Garbage Collection and Recycling
To begin residential service, contact Customer Service at (972) 721-2411 or visit the Customer Services page.
- Atmos Energy: (800) 460-3030 / Hearing Impaired (Teletype) (800) 735-2988
Newspapers and Magazines
- Dallas Union Station, 400 S. Houston St., Dallas, TX 75202; (214) 653-1101 :
- Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport: 3200 E. Airfield Drive, DFW Airport, TX 75261; (972) 973-8888
- Dallas Love Field Airport: 8008 Cedar Springs Road, Dallas, TX 75235; (214) 670-6073
- DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit): 1401 Pacific Ave., Dallas, TX 75202; (214) 979-1111
- Trinity Railway Express (TRE): 4801 Rock Island Road, Irving, TX 75061; (817) 215-8600
- Dallas County Vehicle Registration: 106 W. Church St., Suite 105, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 | (214) 653-7811
- Disabled Parking Placards
- Driver license and ID card services: 701 North Bagdad Road, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 | (972) 343-9520
- Online Motor Vehicle Registration
- Texas Department of Public Safety