Boards and Commissions
The role of the City Secretary's Office is to coordinate the boards and commissions appointment process for the City Council. The City Secretary's Office post agendas for any upcoming board or commission meeting as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Board members shall be qualified voters of the City and have resided in the City for not less than one year immediately prior to the date of their appointment.
Flood Control Districts and Other Boards
Application for the Flood Control Districts Board Opens a New Window.
The City Council appoint members to the Flood Control District boards and other boards required by statute. However, agendas are not posted by the City Secretary's Office and meetings are not held at City Hall. These boards include:
- Dallas County Flood Control District Section I
- Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (DCURD) Opens a New Window.
- Irving Flood Control District Section Section I
- Irving Flood Control District Section Section III Opens a New Window.
- Hospital Authority Board
- Sign Board
- Metropolitan Higher Education Authority
- Metropolitan Housing Finance Corporation