Code Enforcement


The new hours are Thursday 12:01 a.m. to Monday 12:01 a.m. Sec. 7-4(4)-Prohibited signs.

The Code Enforcement Department is comprised of the following divisions: Customer Service; Complaint Investigations; Proactive Neighborhood Patrols; Multi-Family Operations; Mosquito Management; Semi-Public Pool Inspections; and Substandard Dangerous Building Abatement.

Collectively, this team partners with home and business owners alike to achieve voluntary compliance as it relates to life health safety; land use; zoning; minimum property/building standards on residential/commercial zoned properties; and beautification.

Code Enforcement is committed to safeguarding the public health; improving community appearance; and protecting the integrity of neighborhoods.

The following conditions below can be observed as code violations on private property zoned for the following uses: Residential; Commercial; Apartment; Hotel; 4 Plex; Duplex; Manufactured Housing; and Vacant Lots:

  • High Grass and Weeds
  • Illegal Land Use/Zoning
  • Outside Junk, Litter or Debris
  • Parking on unimproved surface
  • Inoperable/Wrecked Vehicles
  • Dilapidated Fences
  • Deteriorated Building Exteriors
  • Minimum Building Conditions (Apartments/Hotels/4 Plexes/Mgf. Housing)


There are several ways to report a complaint: Phone, Email, Webmaster(Online Form).

Submit a Code Complaint online, contact the Code Enforcement Department at (972) 721-4829 during business hours or (972) 721-4929 (automated), or email to [email protected].

Providing the following information will expedite the investigation process:

  • Location or Address
  • Name of Business, Company, or Property
  • Nature of Violation

To report other concerns:

  • Noise complaints or on-street/public right of way violations: vehicles abandoned, parked the wrong way, causing an visibility obstruction, oversized commercial vehicles parked in residential areas, expired tags, call Police Non-Emergency (972) 273-1010.
  • Animal concerns and noise complaints, contact Animal Services at (972) 721-2256.
  • A structure or fence under construction without a permit, or to submit a food establishment health complaint, call Inspections at (972) 721-2371 or email Inspections Office.
  • Graffiti, call Streets (972) 721-2201.
  • A neighbor violating water restrictions or blowing leaves into the street/gutters, call Water Utilities (972) 721-2281.
  • Shopping carts on the sidewalk or street or excessive amounts of trash/debris in the street/curb, call Parks and Recreation (972) 721-2501.
  • Trash, recycling, brush pickup information, contact Solid Waste Services (972) 721-8059 or check quick links.