About the Department
The Communications Department collects and distributes timely information to a variety of interested parties across a number of platforms. The department serves external stakeholders, including residents, media, other governmental bodies, businesses and interested opinion leaders. It also communicates to internal stakeholders, such as city employees, boards and commissions, the mayor and the City Council.
A variety of tools are employed to inform and educate audiences:
- Printed materials
- The city website
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- The television production department, Irving Community Television Network (ICTN)
Additionally, a number of town hall and neighborhood association roundtables meetings are held annually where residents meet face-to-face with city leaders.
The Communications Department consists of six areas:
Notify Me Email Alerts
The CityofIrving.org website makes it easy to receive important information directly about what is going on in the city, via email message. Visit CityofIrving.org/Join to subscribe to news and event alerts.
- Visit the “Notify Me” page.
- Type in an email address and select “Sign In.”
- Scroll down the page and select the type of notification and the method (email or text message) desired.
- Check the associated email account for a confirmation message and click the provided link to verify the subscription.
- Return to the Notify Me page.
- Enter your email address and select "Sign In."
- Uncheck any of the email or text message categories or select the "Unsubscribe from All Lists" button.
For more information, email the city's webmaster.