Library Card Features
With your Irving library card you have access to over a million items in our collection. This includes:
Books, DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, music CDs, magazines, audiobooks, eBooks, online electronic resources (databases), streaming video, and music downloads.
Card holders in good standing can borrow items from other libraries through our interlibrary loan service and the TexShare program.
A library card is required for all transactions. Thank you for bringing your card each time you visit the Irving Public Library. The following is a list of features cardholders may receive:
- Check out library materials
- Use the library computers
- Place a hold request
- Access electronic tools for research, learning, or job-hunting
- Practice for a professional or academic test
- Use the self-checkout station
- Renew materials you have checked out
- Review your account information
To determine which card works best for you, please visit the Card Types page.
- Accept responsibility for any use of the library card
- Follow all library policies and procedures in effect
- Present the library card for all account transactions
- Return all borrowed materials on time
- Pay all fees or charges on the library card
- Report a lost or stolen card
- Promptly report any change of address, phone or e-mail
Movies and items in high demand, such as bestsellers, are available for a 10-day checkout. All other items checkout for 21 days.
Pin Number Assistance
Please try the last four digits of your phone number on file as the pin number. If that does not work, or if you have any other problems, please contact the library staff at (972) 721-2440 during normal operating hours. Please have your library card number ready when you call.
Card Number Assistance
For security reasons, library card numbers cannot be supplied, but replacement cards can be issued at any Irving Public Library location with a valid photo identification, a $2 replacement fee, and the clearing of any overdue materials or charges.
If you need additional assistance, please contact the library by phone or email Circulation.