Full Access Card
HOW TO OBTAIN A FULL-ACCESS CARD
- Must be at least 16 years of age and living in Irving.
- Bring ID or documents from the following list of acceptable forms of identification.
- Getting a library card for Irving residents is free!
PREREGISTER FOR A FULL-ACCESS CARD
Get a jump on obtaining a new library card by preregistering online. An added benefit to preregistering is placing up to two items on hold, which can be picked up along with the new card. After preregistering online, you have 30 days to visit an Irving Library location and show two forms of identification from the list of acceptable forms of identification.
NEW LIBRARY CARDS PRIVILEGES
- For the first 90 days, up to 10 items can be checked out at one time.
- New cardholders with no overdue items or charges on their account for 90 days may upgrade to full access privileges.
- New cardholders are eligible to use ILL after the 90 day upgrade.
A full access cardholder may have a checkout limit of 50 items with the following limits:
- Five digital downloads (varies per eBook app/platform)
- 10 magazines
- Two Playaway kits (book and audio)
- Two Bluebonnet Award books
- Two Stories-to-Go kits
- Two Book-Gab-to-Go Kits for registered book clubs
- Two Binge Boxes
- Two VOX books
- Ten Interlibrary Loan (ILL) books (Irving residents only)
RENEWING FULL-ACCESS CARDS
Full-Access cards can be renewed if the customer has no overdue materials or fees posted to the account.
Renewal by Chat
Staff can renew customer cards over our online Chat Service. This process does require the uploading of personal documents to the chat. For more information, visit https://www.cityofirving.org/2946/Renew-My-Library-Card or initiate a chat during our current business hours.
IN-PERSON CARD RENEWAL
Cards can be renewed in person during business hours. Refer to this list of acceptable forms of identification (PDF) for documentation you will need to renew the card. Any fees assessed to the card must be paid online prior to renewal.
ONLINE CARD RENEWAL By Email
Irving residents with an expired card may renew it without visiting the library by emailing a scanned copy or photo of each of the following acceptable forms of identification to Circulation@cityofirving.org. Please write RENEW IPL CARD in the email subject line. Allow up to three days for the card renewal to be processed and approved. An email reply will be sent to confirm that the card is renewed. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information emailed to the library.
EMAIL A CLEAR PHOTO OR SCAN OF EACH OF THESE REQUIRED ITEMS:
- The back of your Irving Public Library Card showing bar code number and signature
- One item from Online List A - Photo ID (see list below)
- One item from Online List B - Address ID (see list below)
ONLINE LIST A - PHOTO ID (MUST SHOW CLEAR PICTURE AND NAME)
- Valid State-Issued ID or Drivers License
- Government-Issued ID
- U.S. Residency Visa
- Mexican Consular Card
ONLINE LIST B - ADDRESS ID (MUST SHOW NAME AND ADDRESS)
- Utility bill from past 60 days
- Current signed lease agreement
- Current car or vehicle insurance
- Current voter’s registration card
- Recent bank or credit card statement