Full Access Card
SHELTER-IN-PLACE UPDATE 3/22/20: Due to Dallas County’s shelter-in-place order, Irving libraries will suspend all IPL Express curbside and drive-up window services in addition to being closed to visitors. At this time, Irving residents and Irving ISD students should take advantage of online options to obtain a card. Nonresidents who would like to sign up for an account may purchase an e-card to access online services, which can be converted to a card to check out physical materials when the library reopens.
UPDATE 3/18/20: In response to the COVID-19 situation, beginning March 18, 2020, temporary policy changes have been enacted that increase loan limits and create more convenient membership options for new and regular cardholders. These changes are reflected below:
HOW TO OBTAIN A FULL-ACCESS CARD
- Must be at least 16 years of age and living in Irving.
- Bring ID or documents from the following list of acceptable forms of identification.
- Getting a library card for Irving residents is free! Replacement cards cost $2.
PREREGISTER FOR A FULL-ACCESS CARD
Get a jump on obtaining a new library card by preregistering online. Added benefit to preregistering is placing up to two items on hold, which can be picked up along with the new card. After preregistering online, you have 30 days to visit an Irving Library location and show two forms of identification from the list of acceptable forms of identification.
NEW LIBRARY CARDS LIMITED PRIVILEGES
- For the time being, for the first 90 days, up to 10 items can be checked out at one time.
Customers with no overdue items or charges on their account for 90 days may request an upgrade to full privileges. Once upgraded to full privileges, beginning March 18, 2020, the checkout limit increases to 100 items with the following limits:
- Five digital downloads
- 10 magazines
- Two Bluebonnet Award books
- Two Stories-to-Go kits
- Two Book-Gab-to-Go Kits for registered book clubs
- Ten Interlibrary Loan (ILL) books (Irving residents only)
RENEWING FULL-ACCESS CARDS
Full-Access cards can be renewed if the customer has no overdue materials or fees posted to the account.
IN-PERSON CARD RENEWAL
Cards can be renewed in person at any of the library’s Drive-Thru Windows at South Irving Library and Valley Ranch Library, and curbside service at West Irving Library. Refer to this list of acceptable forms of identification (PDF) for documentation you will need to renew the card.
ONLINE CARD RENEWAL (NEW)
Irving residents with an expired card may renew it without visiting the library by emailing a scanned copy or photo of each of the following acceptable forms of identification to Circulation@cityofirving.org. Please write RENEW IPL CARD in the email subject line. Allow up to three days for the card renewal to be processed and approved. An email reply will be sent to confirm that the card is renewed. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information emailed to the library.
EMAIL A CLEAR PHOTO OR SCAN OF EACH OF THESE REQUIRED ITEMS:
- The back of your Irving Public Library Card showing bar code number and signature
- One item from Online List A - Photo ID (see list below)
- One item from Online List B - Address ID (see list below)
ONLINE LIST A - PHOTO ID (MUST SHOW CLEAR PICTURE AND NAME)
- Valid State-Issued ID or Drivers License
- Government-Issued ID
- U.S. Residency Visa
- Mexican Consular Card
ONLINE LIST B - ADDRESS ID (MUST SHOW NAME AND ADDRESS)
- Utility bill from past 60 days
- Current signed lease agreement
- Current car or vehicle insurance
- Current voter’s registration card
- Recent bank or credit card statement