Notice: Since libraries across the state are choosing to participate in Texshare on varying schedules due to the COVID crisis, it is always best practice to call ahead before visiting any library to use the service.
About the Program
The TexShare card program is a reciprocal borrowing program of the Texas State Library. It is designed to allow the registered borrowers of participating libraries to directly borrow materials from other participating libraries.
This program includes over 200 public and academic libraries from across Texas. North Texas libraries participating in the TexShare card program include:
Card Information for Irving Residents
The Irving Public Library will issue residents of Irving who are 18 years or older a card which will be valid at other libraries for up to one year from the date of issue. When borrowing an item from another library, you will be required to present your TexShare card and a valid photo such as a driver’s license or state-issued ID card. The lending library may have additional conditions or restrictions for borrowers, so check the TexShare registration and lending policies Opens a New Window. prior to visiting.
Requesting a TexShare Card at Irving Public Library
You may request a TexShare Card at the checkout desk of any Irving Public Library provided you meet the following conditions:
- You are a resident of Irving and 18 years of age or older.
- You have had a valid Irving Public Library card for at least six months. Non-resident cards, corporate cards, computer access cards, student cards, and restricted-use cards are not acceptable.
- You present acceptable identification in person. Please view the Identification Requirements (PDF).
- Your borrower account is in good standing with no overdue materials and no outstanding charges for lost or damaged materials.
- Your account has been in good standing for the previous six months.
- You agree to abide by the rules, policies, and procedures of the TexShare card program and its participating libraries.
TexShare Visitor Card for Irving Public Library
If you have a TexShare card from your home library (from the library in the city where you live) you may present the required photo and address IDs (PDF), your TexShare card, and your home library card in order to receive a free library card from IPL which allows a five item checkout limit.
The cardholder also has access to the public computers and the library’s online resources and eBooks. The TexShare Visitor card will be valid until the expiration date on the card or six months, whichever is less. The account must be maintained in good standing in order to renew the TexShare card.
Failure to promptly return materials borrowed with a TexShare card and/or pay any charges imposed by a library may result in suspension or denial of your borrowing privileges at the Irving Public Library and/or your account being turned over the library’s collection agency.