Support the Library
Volunteer your time. Volunteers help the library provide an enhanced level of service to residents and visitors, while in turn providing much appreciated assistance to the library staff. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Preparing craft supplies and materials
- Repair and maintenance of library materials
- Assist library staff with programs / classes
- Assist the public with basic computer usage
- Collection maintenance
- Sorting and re-shelving library materials
- Various tasks throughout the library system
Visit the Volunteer page for more information.
Be a Friend
Join the Friends of the Irving Public Library, a nonprofit organization of individuals dedicated to supporting and enhancing the library. As a Friend, you will have admittance to monthly First Wednesday book sales, Members Only Preview Night at the Annual Book Sale.
- Donate your used gently-used books for the Friends book sale.
- Give the gift of membership to a friend or relative.
- Use your skills to help with programs and fundraising events.
- Volunteer to help sort and prepare materials for the annual book sale.
- Link your Kroger or Tom Thumb purchases to the Friends and a percentage of the sale goes to supporting the library.
Visit the Friends page for more information.
Consider a tax-deductible gift to your library. Irving Public Library has gift and memorial opportunities to support quality library services. Some other ways you can contribute to your library are:
- Donate your time, money, and expertise to your library.
- Honor a friend or relative's birthday with a book for the library.
- Donate a book... or a whole shelf of books.
- Remember your library in your estate planning.
- Purchase a membership to the Friends of Irving Public Library.
- Give to the library through your company's matching program for charitable giving.
Gift and Memorials
Commemorate a special occasion or remember a loved one with the perfect gift; a donation to the Irving Public Library. Appropriate books will be selected by our staff to add to the collection in memory of a loved one or to honor an anniversary, birthday, wedding, or teacher.
A handsome bookplate will be placed in the book(s), including the name of the honoree and the donor. The Library Director will also send a letter to the honoree or his or her family, informing them of your gift.
Gift envelopes are available at all libraries. Please make checks payable to the Irving Public Library. All donations are tax deductible.
Donations of Used Materials
The library gladly accepts gifts of gently used materials for possible addition to the collection. Please bring items to any Irving Public Library. Please call us to arrange for donations of five or more boxes.
The library reserves the right not to add donated materials to the collection for a variety of reasons, including condition, need, or the item not falling within the collection development guidelines. Items not added to the collection will be given to the Friends of the Irving Public Library for inclusion in their annual book sale.
Your gift is tax deductible, but library staff is unable to provide estimates regarding value for income tax purposes. You may wish to consult IRS Publication 561, "Determining the Value of Donated Property." A receipt for tax purposes is available at the checkout desk.
We are unable to accept gifts of National Geographic magazine, Reader’s Digest Condensed Books or VHS video tapes.
South Irving Library
601 Schulze Dr.
Irving, TX 75060
Valley Ranch Library
401 Cimarron Trail
Irving, TX 75063
West Irving Library
4444 W. Rochelle Road
Irving, TX 75062
East Irving Learning center
East Irving Learning Center is open only for classes.
Please call (972) 721-2780 for more information.