The Irving Police Records Section is responsible for receiving, maintaining and archiving police records in compliance with city policies and state regulations. Additionally, they prepare officers’ criminal cases for presentation to the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office. The staff is committed to serving the public’s need for information in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Attorney General of the State of Texas pertaining to public records, open records and exclusionary records.
Contact Information305 N. O’Connor Rd
Irving, Texas 75061
Phone: (972) 721-2437
Fax: (972) 721-3635
- Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Closed for all official city holidays.
Applicants must appear at the Records Section in person prior to 4:30 p.m. and present a valid government-issued photo identification with correct name and date of birth. The fee for a background check is $5 each.
Crash reports (CR-3) may be obtained online using the Texas Department of Transportation's (TxDOT) Crash Report Online Purchase System. TxDOT may be reached by email or by phone at (512) 486-5780. Fees for obtaining a report using the crash report online purchase system are established by TxDOT.
Crash reports may also be obtained in person at the records window of the main police station, by phone or by mail. Requests by phone can be paid by debit or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover). Requests by mail should include a cashier's check or money order. The fee for an crash report obtained in this manner is $6.
- Information requests consisting of 20 pages or more are $.10 per page.
- Certified copies of any document are $2 per page.
- Open records requests must be made in writing or by filling out the Open Records Request form (PDF). The requests may be submitted in person, by fax or by email.
- Requests for body camera video should be made using the Request For Officer-Worn Camera Video form (PDF).