Emergency Winter Weather Resources
The City of Irving urges all residents, businesses and employees to prepare for winter weather events and consult traffic, weather and news sources before venturing outside. Here is a list of important links and phone numbers in case of an emergency during a winter storm:
- KnoWhat2Do – Department of Homeland Security’s emergency preparedness page: Learn about emergency preparedness Opens a New Window.
- TXDOT - Highway Conditions: Access highway condition information
- City of Irving Water Department Emergency: Email or call (972) 721-2281.
- Atmos Report a Gas Emergency: (866) 322-8667
- 24/7 Electricity Outage Information: Find outage information Opens a New Window.
- Report a Power Outage – toll-free, 24/7 hotline: (888) 313-6862 or (888) 313-4747
- Report a Power Outage online: Report power outages Opens a New Window.
- Text Oncor about a Power Outage: The service requires preregistration.
- Text ‘reg’ to 66267 (ONCOR) to register. Please have either your ESID or the telephone number listed on your account and your ZIP code to complete registration.
- Text ‘out’ to 66267 (ONCOR) to report your outage.
- Text ‘stat’ to 66267 (ONCOR) to receive an update on your outage.
- Oncor Chronic Care Customer Application: Learn more
- Spectrum Support Storm Center
Vote for Irving for the Smart Cities AwardVote and help the City of Irving’s Information Technology Department win the IDC’s 2023 Smart Cities North America Award for Next-Generation Emergency Services. Read on...
Closure: Grauwyler Road Exit from Southbound Loop 12Beginning March 25, TxDOT will close the Grauwyler Road exit from southbound Loop 12 for several months as the ramp is rebuilt as part of the Irving Interchange Project. Read on...
Spring Forward with Household Natural Gas Safety ChecksAtmos Energy offers a springtime reminder to consider performing a few routine safety checks in your home. Read on...