Emergency Winter Weather Resources
The City of Irving urges all residents, businesses and employees to prepare for winter weather events and consult traffic, weather and news sources before venturing outside. Here is a list of important links and phone numbers in case of an emergency during a winter storm:
- KnoWhat2Do – Department of Homeland Security’s emergency preparedness page: Learn about emergency preparedness Opens a New Window.
- TXDOT - Highway Conditions: Access highway condition information
- City of Irving Water Department Emergency: Email or call (972) 721-2281.
- Atmos Report a Gas Emergency: (866) 322-8667
- 24/7 Electricity Outage Information: Find outage information Opens a New Window.
- Report a Power Outage – toll-free, 24/7 hotline: (888) 313-6862 or (888) 313-4747
- Report a Power Outage online: Report power outages Opens a New Window.
- Text Oncor about a Power Outage: The service requires preregistration.
- Text ‘reg’ to 66267 (ONCOR) to register. Please have either your ESID or the telephone number listed on your account and your ZIP code to complete registration.
- Text ‘out’ to 66267 (ONCOR) to report your outage.
- Text ‘stat’ to 66267 (ONCOR) to receive an update on your outage.
- Oncor Chronic Care Customer Application: Learn more
- Spectrum Support Storm Center
Solid Waste crews will collect unlimited bags of leaves and grass clippings on trash collection days. Read on...
The holiday season in Irving officially begins on Dec. 2 with the Holidays at Heritage: Parade and Tree Lighting at Heritage Park, 217 S. Main Street. The festivities continue throughout the month of December with several events scheduled. Read on...
Each year, the Irving Fire and Police departments join the Irving AMBUCS to help honor the memory of veterans by laying wreaths on their graves. Read on...