- Departments A - H
- Fleet Services
Fleet Services is responsible for the operation and maintenance of city vehicles and equipment.
Fleet Acquisition and Disposition
- Develop vehicle and equipment specifications, as well as bidding schedules.
- Facilitate equipment commissioning and decommissioning.
- Incorporate appropriate levels of vehicle/equipment purchases toward alternative fuel powered units.
- Maintain guidelines/criteria or Vehicle Equipment Replacement Requests.
- Vehicle depreciation, age, mileage, mechanical condition, maintainability/reliability, maintenance cost and safety will impact the decision to replace or retain the vehicle/equipment.
Fleet Operations and Maintenance
- Ensure the city fleet and equipment is operational for daily use. Provide repair and maintenance service to units that include but are not limited to:
- Light- and Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Fire Apparatus
- Refuse Trucks
- Police Cruisers
- Street Sweepers
- Brush Equipment
- Maintain and operate car wash facility.
- Manage the fuel inventory of the city's unleaded, diesel and compressed natural gas, which includes ordering the fuel and adhering to state regulatory compliance at 17 fueling sites.
- Issue and deactivate fuel cards for use at City of Irving fueling sites.
- Manage the purchase and inventory levels of parts issued to city vehicles.
- Facilitate the removal of worn tires and used oil to recycling vendors.