Convention and Visitors Bureau Board
A department of the City of Irving, the Convention and Visitors Bureau reports to the board of directors appointed by the Irving City Council annually in November. The board of directors makes recommendations to the council about convention facilities, assists with attracting visitors to the city, and hires the executive director. It is a policy-making board.
- Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 11:45 a.m.
- An announced Irving location
- 2018 Opens a New Window.
- 2017 Opens a New Window.
- 2016 Opens a New Window.
- 2015 Opens a New Window.
- 2014 Opens a New Window.
- 2013 Opens a New Window.
- 2012 Opens a New Window.
- 2011 Opens a New Window.
- 2010 Opens a New Window.
- 2009 Opens a New Window.
The Irving Convention and Visitors Bureau Board (ICVB) is composed of a 25-member board of directors consisting of 13 voting members and 12 nonvoting members, three of which are ex officio members.
Voting MembersNine of the voting members shall not be employed, nor own an interest in, the hospitality or tourism industry. Voting members also consist of:
- 1 voting member is the current chair of the Greater Irving-Las Colinas Hotel Association
- 1 voting member is a representative of the Irving hotel / motel industry
- 1 member is a representative of the hospitality industry at-large (although not restricted to the hotel / motel industry)
- 1 member is a representative of the restaurant industry
|Place 1||Resident||Karen Cooperstein||Nov. 2021|
|Place 2||Resident||Roy Santoscoy||Nov. 2022|
|Place 3||Resident||Clem Lear||Nov. 2021|
|Place 4||Resident||Richard Stewart||Nov. 2022|
|Place 5||Resident||Robert Bourgeois||Nov. 2021|
|Place 6||Resident||Rose Canaday||Nov. 2022|
|Place 7||Resident||Rick Lindsey||Nov. 2021|
|Place 8||Resident||William Mahoney||Nov. 2022|
|Place 9||Resident||Herbert Gears||Nov. 2021|
|Place 10||Hotel/Motel Industry||Dirk Burghartz||Nov. 2022|
|Place 11||Industry at Large||Julia Kang||Nov. 2021|
|Place 12||Hotel Association Chair||Greg Malcolm||Nov. 2022|
|Place 13||Restaurant Industry||David Cole||Nov. 2021|
Nonvoting members are representatives from the following industries:
- 2 from the hospitality industry
- 1 from the Industry at Large
- 1 from the Las Colinas Association
- 1 from the University of Dallas
- 1 member of the TIF No. 1 Board
- 1 member from the DCURD Board
- 1 representative from the Salesmanship Club of Dallas
- 1 is a former ICVB board member
- Executive Director of the Irving Arts and Culture Center
- Chair of the Irving Arts and Culture Board
|Place 1, Hospitality||Kim Limon|
|Las Colinas Association||Hammond Perot|
|TIF No. 1 Board||Michael Randall|
||Stephanie Fenley Garcia|
|Place 2, Hospitality||Nydia Hoskins|
|Industry At-Large||Michael Rilley|
|University of Dallas||Clare Venegas|
|Former ICVB Member||Joe Philipp|
|Arts and Culture Executive Director||Todd Hawkins|
|Arts and Culture Board Chair||Kim Andres|