West Irving Aquatic Center
The West Irving Aquatic Center provides a family-oriented atmosphere and offers a variety of amenities. This outdoor facility is open Memorial Day to Labor Day each year.
This state-of-the-art facility is conveniently accessible by DART bus routes. Free parking for the aquatic center is available on the east side of Dry Branch Creek, with a pedestrian bridge linking to the pool on the west side of the creek. A large clock tower and covered waiting areas accentuate the entrance into the facility.
- Concession Stand
- Current Channel
- First Aid Room
- Four-Lane Lap Pool
- Locker Rooms with Showers
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Shaded Pool
- Special Needs Accessible Ramp
- Splash Pool
- Water Wheelchairs
- Water Playground
- Water Slides
- Wet Deck
- Zero-Depth Entry Pools
Aquatic Center Rules & Policies
Each aquatic center has special rules designed for the safety and well-being of all of our guests. Prior to visiting an aquatic center, please review the complete listing of rules and policies (PDF).
Patrons are required to wear appropriate swimwear for admission to Irving aquatic facilities. View the Acceptable Swimwear Guidelines (PDF)
West Irving Aquatic Center Fees
- Fee is charged for entrance to the pool, including nonswimmers.
- Seasonal passes are valid only at this facility and the Cimarron Family Aquatic Center.
|Toddlers (Ages 3 and younger)||Free|
|Youth (Ages 4 to 17)||$2|
|Adult (Ages 18 to 54)||$3|
|Senior Adults (Ages 55 and older)||Free|
Seasonal Pass Fees
|Youth (Ages 4 to 17)||$25|
|Adult (Ages 18 to 54)||$50|
|Family (Irving residents only)||$100|
- Memorial Day weekend, noon to 7 p.m., May 25-27.
- Noon to 8 p.m. June 1-22.
- Closed May 28-31.
- Regular summer hours begin June 3.
Public Swim (Any Age)
Ages seven and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
|Days of Operation|
|Monday - Sunday|
noon to 8 p.m.
Days of Operation
Monday - Thursday
|7 to 9 a.m.|
Regular admission fees apply.
|Days of Operation||Time|
|July 13, Aug. 10 View Schedule||10 a.m. to noon|
Summer Sharks Swim Team
The Texas Amateur Athletic Federation provides competitive swim instruction, coaching and tips for ages 6 to 17 and ages 18 and older. For details, call (469) 446-0201. Learn more about the competitive swimming program.
|Days of Operation||Time|
|Monday - Friday||9:30 to 10:30 a.m.|
West Irving Aquatic Center is available for private rental outside of regular operational hours.
- Limited to a maximum of 100 people.
- Reservations for private parties must be made by an Irving resident.
- Reservations must be made and paid for at least one week in advance at the Parks and Recreation Administrative office, City Hall, 825 W. Irving Blvd. The administrative office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Payments cannot be accepted on weekends.
|Hours of Availability||Cost|
|10 a.m. to noon (Saturday, Sunday)||$300|
|8 to 10 p.m. (Friday, Saturday)||$400|
Cabana rentals are available at West Irving Aquatic Center. Two-hour timeslots are available beginning at noon, and continue throughout the day from 2 to 4 p.m., 4 to 6 p.m., and 6 to 8 p.m. The price is $10 an hour, with a two-hour minimum and a four-hour maximum by an individual or group.