Fees, Forms & Applications
Most applications can be submitted by mail, email, courier service or in-person along with any required information, documentation or plans.
- Visit the online permitting website. If validating on to a building permit (HVAC, electrical or plumbing), email the Inspections Department or call (972) 721-2371. There is no fee to validate.
- Email inspection requests to email@example.com Opens a New Window. .
- Include the permit number, address, and type of inspection.
- Inspection requests must be received before 4 p.m. for next business day.
- Permit Fee schedule (PDF) Opens a New Window. for permit applications filed with the Inspections Department.
- Fault Current Calculation Form (PDF) Opens a New Window. for new electrical service (new commercial buildings and additions)
Opens a New Window. COG Residential Energy Compliance Path (PDF) Opens a New Window. for an alternate approach to the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.
- COG Residential Energy Compliance Certificate (PDF) Opens a New Window. for final compliance with the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.
- Validation form - Email to the Inspections Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contractor’s Registration Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for concrete, electrical, fence, house moving, irrigation, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, signs, fuel tank installation, general contractors, and apartment maintenance workers (plumbing and mechanical work).
- Annual Outdoor Parking Lot (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for the outdoor parking of vehicles whereas parking is permitted upon payment. Permits valid from Aug. 1 through Aug. 31 of the following year.
- Antenna Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for antenna mounted on buildings, existing towers or poles (co-locates).
- Block Party (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for a temporary residential street closure for the purpose of conducting a neighborhood block party.
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for any commercial space that will be occupied by a tenant.
- Here's a Checklist on what is generally inspected
- If you plan on selling alcohol, contact Planning Department at Planning@cityofirving.orgor (972) 721-2424. For off-site consumption, fill out the Alcohol Distance and Zoning Verification form and send to the Planning Department. That must be approved prior to C/O issuance. For restaurants, it must be zoned SP1/RAB.
- Commercial Building Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for commercial and multifamily (including triplex) remodel, finish-out, repairs, or additions; new buildings; commercial carports; parking lot striping; door locks; fire alarms, sprinklers, hydrants and fire lanes; fuel tanks; tents and canopies; temporary use permits; construction/sales trailers (for office use); pools, fire repairs; demolitions; retaining walls over 30" tall; commercial swimming pools; modular buildings; re-roofing and other projects.
- Earthwork and Tree Removal Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required to remove protected trees or to fill, grade, or excavate property. For plan submittal for Grading, please contact CIP department at (972) 721-2611. For plan submittal for Tree Removal, please contact the Arborist at (972) 721-2562.
- Food Manager (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Application to register with the City of Irving as a State of Texas Certified Food Manager.
- Fence Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required to erect a new fence or repair an existing one.
- Health Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Application for a Health Plan Review and Food, Mobile Food Units, Child-Care, and Nursing Home permits.
- Health Temporary Food Event Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- House Moving Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required to move any building or structure over 8 feet wide within or through the city.
- New Antenna Tower Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for a new telecommunication tower with antenna.
- Residential Building Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for a residential remodel, new construction, addition, or demolition; carport; retaining walls over 30" tall; swimming pools, spas or hot tubs; accessory buildings/pergolas/arbors; fire repair; duplex, or townhouse repair, remodel, or addition; mobile home set up, stairs; patio covers; decks over 30" above grade, paving / flatwork; driveway approaches; or foundation repair.
- For detached buildings, please fill out this Form and submit with the Residential Building Permit application.
- Sign Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window. ; Sign Affidavit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for any sign or banner; affidavit required for any electronic sign
- Sign Variance Application (PDF) Opens a New Window.
For any variance to the sign ordinance and for digital signs or displays.
- Single Trade Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
For compliance with any electrical, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, and residential roofing work
- Temporary Use Permit – Restaurants with Alcoholic Beverages (PDF) Opens a New Window.
City Council approval required. Required when a food establishment desires to hold a special event in which they will serve alcohol outside of their normal RAB zoning limits.