Fees, Forms & Applications
Most applications can be submitted by mail, email, courier service or in-person along with any required information, documentation or plans.
- Schedule an inspection online.
- If validating a building permit (HVAC, electrical or plumbing), email the Inspections Department or call (972) 721-2371. This cannot be done through the MGO portal. There is no fee to validate.
- Deadline: You have until 6 a.m. of the business day requested. After 6 a.m., inspections can be scheduled the next business day.
- Email inspection requests to firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a New Window. .
- Include the permit number, address, and type of inspection.
- Inspection requests by email or phone must be received before 4 p.m. for next business day.
Fees (changed on 10-15-22)
- Permit Fee schedule for permit applications filed with the Inspections Department.
- Fault Current Calculation Form (PDF) Opens a New Window. for new electrical service (new commercial buildings and additions)
Opens a New Window. COG Residential Energy Compliance Path (PDF) Opens a New Window. for an alternate approach to the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code.
- COG Residential Energy Compliance Certificate (PDF) Opens a New Window. for final compliance with the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code.
- COG Residential Energy Commissioning Compliance Checklist for Final Inspection for final compliance with the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code
- Validation form - Email to the Inspections Department at email@example.com.
- Special Inspection Forms
1. Program explanation
2. Statement of Required Special Inspections
3. Approved Agency Report
4. Final Report
- Contractor’s Registration Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for concrete, electrical, fence, house moving, irrigation, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, signs, fuel tank installation, general contractors, and apartment maintenance workers (plumbing and mechanical work).
- Annual Outdoor Parking Lot (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for the outdoor parking of vehicles whereas parking is permitted upon payment. Permits valid from Aug. 1 through Aug. 31 of the following year.
- Antenna Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for antenna mounted on buildings, existing towers or poles (co-locates).
- Block Party (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for a temporary residential street closure for the purpose of conducting a neighborhood block party.
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for any commercial space that will be occupied by a tenant.
- Commercial Building Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for commercial and multifamily (including triplex) remodel, finish-out, repairs, or additions; new buildings; commercial carports; parking lot striping; door locks; fire alarms, sprinklers, hydrants and fire lanes; fuel tanks; tents and canopies; temporary use permits; construction/sales trailers (for office use); pools, fire repairs; demolitions; retaining walls over 30" tall; commercial swimming pools; modular buildings; re-roofing and other projects.
- Earthwork and Tree Removal Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required to remove protected trees or to fill, grade, or excavate property. For plan submittal for Grading, please contact CIP department at (972) 721-2611. For plan submittal for Tree Removal, please contact the Arborist at (972) 721-2562.
- Fence Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required to erect a new fence or repair an existing one.
- Health Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Application for a Health Plan Review and Food, Mobile Food Units, Child-Care, and Nursing Home permits.
- Health Temporary Food Event Permit (PDF)
Application for temporary events involving food. Opens a New Window.
- House Moving Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required to move any building or structure over 8 feet wide within or through the city.
- New Antenna Tower Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for a new telecommunication tower with antenna.
- Residential Building Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for a residential remodel, new construction, addition, or demolition; carport; retaining walls over 30" tall; swimming pools, spas or hot tubs; accessory buildings/pergolas/arbors; fire repair; duplex, or townhouse repair, remodel, or addition; mobile home set up, stairs; patio covers; decks over 30" above grade, paving / flatwork; driveway approaches; or foundation repair.
- For detached buildings, please fill out this Form and submit with the Residential Building Permit application.
- Sign Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window. ; Sign Affidavit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Required for any sign or banner; affidavit required for any electronic sign
- Sign Variance Application (PDF) Opens a New Window.
For any variance to the sign ordinance and for digital signs or displays.
- Single Trade Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
For compliance with any electrical, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, and residential roofing work
- Temporary Use Permit Opens a New Window.
When a Temporary Use Permit cannot be issued over-the-counter, then this application is used to go to City Council. Also required when a food establishment desires to hold a special event in which they will serve alcohol outside of their normal RAB zoning limits.