Fees and Applications
Most applications can be submitted by mail, email, or in-person along with any required information.
- Link to eTrakit online permitting of single trade permits by registered contractors. If validating, please call our office at (972) 721-2371, since there is no fee to validate. If you don't have a password/PIN, please give us a call.
- Email inspection requests to [email protected]
- Include the permit number, address, and type of inspection.
- Inspection requests must be received before 4:30 p.m. for next business day.
Automated request system (Irving Building Inspection System (IBIS))
- Automated phone system to schedule inspections and make payments for permits
- Phone: (972) 721-3774
- Cut-off time to schedule inspections is 6 a.m. the day of the inspection
- Permit payments can also be made but you must have the permit number ready
- IBIS Brochure (PDF) -- Inspection codes for the automated phone system
- Permit Fee schedule (PDF) for permit applications filed with the Inspections Department.
- Fault Current Calculation Form (PDF) for new electrical service (new commercial buildings and additions)
- COG Residential Energy Compliance Path (PDF) for an alternate approach to the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.
- COG Residential Energy Compliance Certificate (PDF) for final compliance with the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.
- Contractor’s Registration Form (PDF)
Required for concrete, electrical, fence, house moving, irrigation, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, signs, fuel tank installation, general contractors, and apartment maintenance workers (plumbing and mechanical work).
- Annual Outdoor Parking Lot (PDF)
Required for the outdoor parking of vehicles whereas parking is permitted upon payment. Permits valid from Aug. 1 through Aug. 31 of the following year.
- Antenna Permit (PDF)
Required for antenna mounted on buildings, existing towers or poles (co-locates).
- Block Party (PDF)
Required for a temporary street closure for the purpose of conducting a neighborhood block party.
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF)
Required for any commercial space that will be occupied by a tenant.
- Commercial Building Permit (PDF)
Required for commercial and multifamily (including triplex) remodel, finish-out, repairs, or additions; new buildings; commercial carports; parking lot striping; door locks; fire alarms, sprinklers, hydrants and fire lanes; fuel tanks; tents and canopies; temporary use permits; construction/sales trailers (for office use); pools, fire repairs; demolitions; retaining walls over 30" tall; commercial swimming pools; modular buildings; re-roofing and other projects.
- Earthwork and Tree Removal Permit (PDF)
Required to remove protected trees or to fill, grade, or excavate property.
- Food Manager (PDF)
Application to register with the City of Irving as a State of Texas Certified Food Manager.
- Fence Permit (PDF)
Required to erect a new fence or repair an existing one.
- Health Permit (PDF)
Application for a health plan review and food, mobile food units, childcare, and nursing home permits.
- Health Temporary Food Event Permit (PDF)
- House Moving Permit (PDF)
Required to move any building or structure over 8 feet wide within or through the city.
- New Antenna Tower Permit (PDF)
Required for a new telecommunication tower with antenna.
- Residential Building Permit (PDF)
Required for a residential remodel, new construction or addition; carport; retaining walls over 30" tall; swimming pools, spas or hot tubs; accessory buildings; fire repair; duplex, or townhouse repair, remodel, or addition; mobile home set up, stairs; patio covers; decks over 30" above grade, paving / flatwork; driveway approaches; or foundation repair.
- Sign Permit (PDF) ; Sign Affidavit (PDF)
Required for any sign or banner; affidavit required for any electronic sign
- Sign Variance Application (PDF)
For any variance to the sign ordinance and for digital signs or displays.
- Single Trade Permit (PDF)
For compliance with any electrical, mechanical (hvac), plumbing, and residential roofing work
- Temporary Use Permit – Restaurants with Alcoholic Beverages (PDF)
City Council approval required. Required when a food establishment desires to hold a special event in which they will serve alcohol outside of their normal RAB zoning limits.