The Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) (PDF) Opens a New Window. requirements are listed in the City of Irving’s TPDES Municipal Stormwater Permit, which regulates the discharge of stormwater from the City’s storm system to surface and ground waters. This program guides the storm drainage system operations of the City through the end of this TPDES permit term (2019). The permit requires the city to prepare and implement a Stormwater Management Plan that, at a minimum, consists of addressing eight Minimum Control Measures (MCM’s) for stormwater runoff throughout the city:
- MS4 Maintenance Activities
- Post-Construction Stormwater Control Measures
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
- Industrial & High Risk Runoff
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff
- Public Education and Outreach/Public Involvement and Participation
- Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting
Stormwater Management Annual TPDES Reports 2014-2020 (PDF)
Also see Drainage Design Criteria Opens a New Window. and Municipal Stormwater Drainage Ordinance (PDF) Opens a New Window. .
For more information about the city’s Stormwater Management Program, please call the Capital Improvement Program at (972) 721-2611, or visit the Pollution Prevention page.