Participating in Adopt-A-Spot (AAS) simply involves the "adopting" of a specific location by a group such as a businesses, faith groups, neighborhood associations, school or scout troop, or by an individual or family. Adopters make a commitment to keep their areas litter-free and report their results to Keep Irving Beautiful on a monthly basis. In an effort to reduce "sign pollution" we have gone to a virtual sign system.
New locations will not have a physical sign installed, but will be included on the KIB website with the adopters name(s) listed. There are a number of signs already in place and available for adoption, and can have the adopter's name included. Please call the KIB office at (972) 721-2175 if interested in one of these spots. We feel that as Irving residents, we share the responsibility to reduce litter and thereby improve the appearance and beauty of our community.
How to Get Started
- Choose a safe location.
- Register online.
- Choose your own schedule, commit to the project for one year, and be proud of your accomplishment.
- Clean your area as often as necessary, but at least once a month.
- Report to KIB with your activities each month. We will send an email to all adopters each month to request to report the following:
- Total number of volunteers.
- Total volunteer hours worked.
- Total number of bags of trash and recyclables collected.
Current Adopt-a-Spot Locations: List (PDF) | Map (GIS)