Gaming Field Rentals
The City of Irving Athletics Department rents lighted baseball fields and multi-use fields under the supervision of Parks and Recreation. Baseball and multipurpose fields are available for rent at Irving Soccer Complex, Southwest Park and Trinity View Park for tournaments, instructional camps and league games.
Note: The City of Irving does not have the authority to assign or rent middle school or high school fields. Contact the Irving Independent School District for information.
The City of Irving’s gaming fields are only available for rentals to leagues and for tournament play. Patrons interested in renting fields for recreational use may be able to rent the Practice Fields.
Patrons interested in renting the gaming fields must apply online. Download the application (PDF)
- At no time should a cosponsored league sublet fields to any other group or organization.
- All field usage requests from non-league organizations must be directed to the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- Access to the concession building and upstairs scorekeeper box is not permitted. These areas are for City of Irving league use only. Special requests can be made to the Athletics Manager.
- Scoreboards and controllers are owned by the city’s league associations. If available, arrangements for use must be made directly with the leagues. Charges may apply.
- Should renters need port-o-lets placed on-site, renters will need to contract directly with an outside vendor of choice. One unit per 100 participants, and one unit must be Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant.
- League associations are given priority for providing concessions. Should they waive the option, renters can make their own arrangements, subject to Athletics Department approval. A temporary food permit is required through the City of Irving Inspections Department.
- Signs and banners can be hung along the fence but must be removed at the end of the event.
- No solicitation of alcohol and tobacco product are permitted.
- $175 per field, with a $500 tournament fee.
- All fields will be prepped, and bases will be set up.
- Umpires are not provided.
Discounted fees are available to nonprofit organizations that can provide proof of 501c(3) status. Irving-based 501c(3) organizations will receive a 30 percent discount; other 501c(3) nonprofits will receive a 15 percent discount.
- A $500 nonrefundable deposit is due one (1) week from the signed, approved invoice/permit.
- Final payment is due one (1) week prior to event.
- Payment must be made in person. Check, money order or credit card (MasterCard or VISA) accepted; cash payments are not accepted.
- Deposit payments should be made out to the City of Irving.
- Final payments for trail events are due one (1) week after the event.
Cancellation and Rain-Out Policy
- Cancellations must be made at least five (5) business days prior to the event. Cancellations made less than five business days prior forfeit the $500 deposit.
- Should the fields need to be turned and relined, the cost is $25 per field for each occurrence after the initial setup. A minimum of two staff at $35 per hour/per staffer, with a minimum of two hours charge will be assessed.
- In the event of rain, a drying agent can be provided at $10 per bag, with a maximum of 10 bags per field. Staff will make this decision upon renter's request. An additional hourly rate for staff to service the field prior to 2:30 p.m. will apply. On-call services will not be provided.