Practice Field Rentals
The City of Irving Athletics Department rents lighted and unlighted baseball fields and multi-use fields under the supervision of Parks and Recreation. Practice use fields are available at Cottonwood Creek Opens a New Window. and Twin Wells Opens a New Window. parks, which are lighted fields, and Fritz Park Opens a New Window. , which does not have lights, as well as unlighted cricket fields at Riverside, Trinity View Park and Mountain Creek Preserve. Fritz Park and Twin Wells can be rented for softball and baseball play only. View the Policy for Use of Athletic Facilities.
Note: The City of Irving does not have the authority to assign or rent middle school or high school fields. Contact the Irving Independent School District Opens a New Window. for information.
View rental costs. Fields are serviced once a week, and no bases or lining are provided.
- All field usage requests must be directed to the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- Fields are serviced once a week, and no bases or lining are provided.
- Fields cannot be reserved for city holidays, including New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Online reservations require a three-day advance notice.
- Reservations are made on the hour (4 p.m., 5 p.m., etc.) and by the hour only, with a maximum two-hour reservation accepted.
- Acceptable payments include cash, check and credit/debit card. Please note the City of Irving does not accept American Express.
- Online reservations Opens a New Window. require an ActiveNet account Opens a New Window. .
Cancellation and Rain-Out Policy
The Irving Parks and Recreation Rain-Out Line is (972) 994-1120. The Rain-Out Line is updated by 2 p.m., Monday through Friday and by 8 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
If fields are rained out, the customer must contact the office the next business day to request a refund or another date.