Practice Field Rentals
The City of Irving Athletics Department rents lighted and unlighted baseball fields and multi-use fields under the supervision of Parks and Recreation. Practice use fields are available at Cottonwood Creek Opens a New Window. and Twin Wells Opens a New Window. parks, which are lighted fields, and Fritz Park Opens a New Window. , which does not have lights. Fritz Park and Twin Wells can be rented for softball and baseball play only.
Note: The City of Irving does not have the authority to assign or rent middle school or high school fields. Contact the Irving Independent School District Opens a New Window. for information.
- At no time should a field be sublet to any other group or organization.
- All field usage requests from non-league organizations must be directed to the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- Access to the concession building and upstairs scorekeeper box is not permitted. These areas are for City of Irving league use only. Special requests can be made to the Athletics Manager.
- Scoreboards and controllers are owned by the city’s league associations. If available, arrangements for use must be made directly with the leagues. Charges may apply.
- Fields are serviced once a week, and no bases or lining are provided.
- Scrimmages are allowed but must be made at the time of request in writing. Please submit requests to Recreation Services Manager James Smith and Athletics Supervisor David Hill.
- Fields cannot be reserved for city holidays, including New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
|Fee Per Hour|
|Resident: Field with no lights||$10|
|Resident: Field with lights||$15|
|Nonresident: Field with no lights||$20|
|Nonresident: Field with lights||$30|
Fields are serviced once a week, and no bases or lining are provided.
- Reservations are taken from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday, by calling (972) 721-2656.
- All rentals must be paid by 2 p.m. the day of reservation, but no later than Thursday.
- No rentals will be accepted after Thursday's deadline, including weekend reservations.
Cancellation and Rain-Out Policy
The Irving Parks and Recreation Rain-Out Line is (972) 994-1120. The Rain-Out Line is updated by 2 p.m., Monday through Friday and by 7 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. If fields are rained out, the customer must contact the office the next business day to request a refund or another date.