Practice Field Rentals
The City of Irving Athletics Department rents lighted and unlighted baseball fields and multi-use fields under the supervision of Parks and Recreation. Practice use fields are available at Cottonwood Creek Opens a New Window. and Twin Wells Opens a New Window. parks, which are lighted fields, and Fritz Park Opens a New Window. , which does not have lights. Fritz Park and Twin Wells can be rented for softball and baseball play only.
Note: The City of Irving does not have the authority to assign or rent middle school or high school fields. Contact the Irving Independent School District Opens a New Window. for information.
- At no time should a field be sublet to any other group or organization.
- All field usage requests from non-league organizations must be directed to the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- Fields are rentable one time per week per team with a 2 hour maximum usage.
- Access to the concession building and upstairs scorekeeper box is not permitted. These areas are for City of Irving league use only. Special requests can be made to the Athletics Manager.
- Scoreboards and controllers are owned by the city’s league associations. If available, arrangements for use must be made directly with the leagues. Charges may apply.
- Fields are serviced once a week, and no bases or lining are provided.
- Scrimmages are allowed but must be made at the time of request in writing. Please submit requests to Recreation Services Manager James Smith.
- Fields cannot be reserved for city holidays, including New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Online reservations require an eight day advance notice.
- Reservations are made on the hour (4 p.m., 5 p.m., etc.) and by the hour only, with a maximum two-hour reservation accepted.
- Acceptable payments include cash, check and credit/debit card. Please note the City of Irving does not accept American Express.
- Online reservations Opens a New Window. require an ActiveNet account Opens a New Window. .
|Fee Per Hour|
|Resident: Field with no lights||$10|
|Resident: Field with lights||$15|
|Nonresident: Field with no lights||$20|
|Nonresident: Field with lights||$30|
Fields are serviced once a week, and no bases or lining are provided.
Cancellation and Rain-Out Policy
The Irving Parks and Recreation Rain-Out Line is (972) 994-1120. The Rain-Out Line is updated by 2 p.m., Monday through Friday and by 7 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. If fields are rained out, the customer must contact the office the next business day to request a refund or another date.