The City of Irving Online Permitting Tool allows individuals to apply for, pay fees and print most types of permits. In addition, the tool allows individuals to schedule inspections and get inspection results.
- For a Certificate of Occupancy, download and fill out the application. Email the completed document to the City of Irving Inspections Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before applying for a residential permit (except roof permits), the homeowner must have a homestead exemption filed with the Dallas Central Appraisal District.
- Use the Accessory Building Application to apply for a residential detached building (pergola, shed, etc.) permit. Once completed, email the completed document to the Inspections Department.
Registered contractors and homeowners can use the eTrakit system Opens a New Window. to pay, print permits, schedule inspections, and view inspection results.
The cut-off time to request an inspection is 6 a.m. the day of the inspection.
Email: Inspection requests can be emailed to us to enter.
- Email inspection requests to email@example.com Opens a New Window.
- Include the permit number, address and type of inspection requested.
- Inspection requests must be received before 4 p.m. the business day before the requested inspection.