Single Trade Permits for Registered Contractors
If you're a registered contractor applying for a single trade permit, you can obtain a permit online Opens a New Window. . Call (972) 721-2371 to obtain a password / PIN if you do not already have one. A single trade permit is electrical, mechanical, plumbing, irrigation or roofing.
You can apply, pay for and print your own permit, as well as schedule inspections and get inspection results.
Single Trade Permits for Noncontractors
This Single Trade Permit application (PDF) Opens a New Window. is for electrical, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, irrigation and residential roof permits.
The application will need to be emailed to the Inspections Department at Irving Permits. Staff will contact applicants with a permit number. Once the permit number is assigned, applicants can make the payment by calling the automated payment and inspection line at (972) 721-3774. When payment is received, the permit will be emailed to the applicant.
For Residential Permits: The homeowner must have a homestead exemption filed with the Dallas Central Appraisal district to apply, except for roof permits.
Inspections and Payments
Online: Registered contractors can use the eTrakit system Opens a New Window. to pay online, schedule inspections or view inspection results.
Phone: Use the Irving Building Inspection System (IBIS) automated phone system to schedule inspections and pay permit fees.
- Dial (972) 721-3774 to schedule inspections or make permit payments. Have the permit number ready. Contractors cannot pay registration fees with this system.
- IBIS Brochure (PDF) Opens a New Window. : This brochure includes a list of inspection codes and telephone numbers for permit payments.
- When can I get my inspection? The cut-off time to request an inspection is 6 a.m. the day of the inspection (Monday through Friday only).
Email: Inspection requests can be emailed.
- Email inspection requests to Irving Permits Opens a New Window.
- Include the permit number, address and type of inspection requested.
- Inspection requests must be received before 4:30 p.m. for next business day service.