The Athletics Division of the Irving Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for Campion Trail reservations for cycling, running and walking events. Download the reservation application (PDF).
Policies and Guidelines
- Participant fees of $2 per registered participant apply for all organized runs, walks, races and trail events.
- Pavilion fees of $20 per hour apply to all large park pavilions blocked off due to the event.
- Events must be self-supported; the event sponsor must contract with vendors for port-o-lets, stages and other equipment rentals such as tables and chairs.
- City staff is not provided for trail events. The event organizer will need to provide its own staff and volunteers.
- The sponsoring organization can only provide ice and water by contracting with an ice/water vendor.
- Course Certification is the responsibility of the organization.
- Each organization is required to provide proof of general liability event insurance one week prior the event. Insurance must have insurance limits of not less than $1 million combined single limit (CSL). The insurance certificate must list the City of Irving as an additional insured with a notice of cancellation clause.
- Parking is only allowed in the paved lots of the reserved park(s).
- Alcohol is not permitted in any City of Irving Park.
All components of the event are subject to Irving Parks and Recreation Department approval and may require approval by and/or permits from other city agencies. Parks and Recreation Department approval does not constitute permission from other city agencies. Events that impact other city agencies will be referred to the city-wide permit committee. It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure all necessary City of Irving permits.
Port-a-lets Rental Contacts
Should port-o-lets need to be placed on-site, the event sponsor will need to contract directly with an outside vendor. Requirements specify one unit per 100 participants and at least one unit must be Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant.
Sponsors are free to use the vendors of their choice; Irving Parks and Recreation also can provide a list of vendors who work with the city.