Stay Informed with Animal Services
- What is a microchip?
- How is a microchip implanted into an animal? Is it painful?
- What kind of information is contained in the microchip? Is there a tracking device in it?
- How can I find out if my pet is microchipped?
- Should my pet still wear and ID tag and rabies tag?
- Where can I go to get my pet microchipped?
Springtime in Texas means warmer temperatures, and unfortunately, a surge in parvo and distemper infections in animals. Irving Animal Services (IAS) is seeing an increase in sick raccoons, most likely caused by the distemper virus. Read on...