Stay Informed with Animal Services
- What is a microchip?
- How is a microchip implanted into an animal? Is it painful? Does it require surgery or anesthesia?
- What kind of information is contained in the microchip? Is there a tracking device in it? Will it store my pet's medical information?
- What do they mean by "microchip frequency"?
- I've heard about something called "ISO standard." What does that mean?
- What are universal (forward and backward-reading) scanners? How do they differ from other scanners?
- How does a microchip help reunite a lost animal with its owner?
Irving Animal Services (IAS) is suspending trapping and Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) services until further notice due to staffing shortages. Additionally, IAS will not be loaning city-owned traps to residents during this time. Read on...