Stay Informed with Animal Services
- What hours is the Animal Shelter open?
- What should I do if I lost my pet?
- I found someone's pet. How do I hope it find its home?
- DoI have to register my pet in Irving?
- How can I help support the animal shelter?
- How much does it cost to spay/neuter my pet?
- I'd like to have my pet microchipped. How do I do this?
- What is a microchip?
- How is a microchip implanted into an animal? Is it painful? Does it require surgery or anesthesia?
- What kind of information is contained in the microchip? Is there a tracking device in it? Will it store my pet's medical information?
- What do they mean by "microchip frequency"?
- I've heard about something called "ISO standard". What does that mean?
- What are universal (forward and backward-reading) scanners? How do they differ from other scanners?
- How does a microchip help reunite a lost animal with its owner?
Need a lovable four-legged friend to bring home for the holidays? Starting Dec. 1, Irving Animal Services (IAS) will feature an adoptable dog or cat every day through Dec. 25 on Facebook to promote pets who need a forever home. Read on...