Your call is important to us, please pardon any delay in our responding. When calling our office,
(972)721-2371, please leave a message explaining your request and provide an address and/or permit number in your message. All calls are being converted into emails at this time and being received at
About the Division
The health inspectors help to improve your quality of life by protecting life, health and safety through education and the enforcement of all health codes related to food establishments, childcare facilities, nursing homes and smoking.
- Child-Care Facility Permitting Procedure (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Food Establishment Scores Opens a New Window.
- Food Handler Training Information (PDF) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Food Manager Info & Application (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Health Permit Application Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. Mobile Food Unit Guidelines (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Requirements for New or Remodeled Food Establishments (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Snow Cone Stand & Shaved Ice Guidelines (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Hot Dog & Corn Cart Guidelines (PDF)
- Temporary Food Event Guidelines (PDF)
- Temporary Food Event Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
File a Health Complaint
In our ongoing effort to provide the highest level of service delivery, the City of Irving encourages input from residents, businesses, and visitors. The following guidelines will help us help you in resolving complaints and solving problems.
Residents, businesses and visitors in the City of Irving may file complaints regarding health or safety issues for Food Establishments, Child-Care facilities, Nursing Homes and Smoking-related concerns. Contact the Inspections Department at (972) 721-2371 during normal business hours, or leave a message after hours at (972) 721-4912.
You may also send an email with detailed information of your complaint. General questions or comments are welcome at (972) 721-2371.