Texas TCOLE Licensed Telecommunicator currently working in the capacity of a Telecommunicator in the State of Texas with at least two years’ experience may be considered for increased base pay. This would be determined by the factors below:
- The Telecommunicator will make available personal TCOLE records.
- Step 3: Two years’ experience and currently TCOLE Licensed Basic Telecommunicator.
- Step 5: Four years’ experience and currently TCOLE Licensed Advanced Telecommunicator.
- Step 6: Eight years’ experience and currently TCOLE Licenses Master.
Telecommunicators from outside of Texas also can be eligible for increased base pay. The Telecommunicator must currently be working for a Public Safety Agency with at least three years’ experience. Other factors such as prior agency size, call volume and dispatch to officer ratio also will be reviewed.
- The Telecommunicator will make available personal training records.
- Step 3: Three years’ experience at an agency with a full-time staff of Telecommunicators between 10-25.
- Step 4: Four years’ experience at an agency with a full-time staff of Telecommunicators between 26-50.
A decision will be made based on training records and years of experience. All decisions for increased base pay will be approved by the Technical Services Division Captain.