Apply for a Solicitor's Permit
The Records Section of the Irving Police Department processes and issues solicitors permits for the City of Irving.
Applying for a Residential Solicitors permit:
- Complete the Residential Solicitors Permit Application; missing information could delay processing.
- Complete the Additional Solicitor Permit Application for each individual requesting a permit.
- You must have a valid picture ID (i.e. driver’s license, TX ID, etc.) for each person planning to solicit and that each ID contain a date of birth. Along with the application, he/she shall also show satisfactory proof to represent the company (letterhead, business card, etc.). Application must be accompanied by a copy of a valid state sales tax certificate, if applicable.
- Cost of the permit is $50.00 for the first person and $10.00 for each additional person. The permit is valid for 90 days. The individual(s) will need to repeat the process if they wish to continue soliciting after the 90 days. Non-refundable payment is due when the application is submitted.
- Processing can take up to 5 business day (holidays are exempt, and do not count in the 5 business days). The applicant will be notified if local criminal charges are found and the permit is denied.
- If the permit is denied due to local criminal charges being found, the applicant will be notified in writing. (see the city ordinance for information how to appeal the permit denial)
- If the application is approved your permit will be mailed to you whereas it must be signed upon receipt. Wearing an ID card that is NOT signed is in violation of the city ordinance and cause for the permit to be revoked.
Note: Flyers placed on doors- Flyers/handbills must be secured to the door knobs; flyers found on the streets, sidewalks or yards will be considered as littering. It is against the federal law to put anything in or on a mailbox.
Questions regarding permits can be sent to IPDPermits@cityofirving.org