Planning and Zoning
Neighborhood associations build stronger neighbor relationships, advocate for positive change in the area and establish an organized voice in city government. Read on...
A Vision for the Future
Adopted in July 2017, the Imagine Irving Comprehensive Plan guides the city as it transitions from a focus on new development to encouraging redevelopment and enhancing existing neighborhoods and commercial areas.
The goal is to ensure an economically sustainable future where the infrastructure, housing and service needs of future residents and property owners can be met without reliance upon outside funding sources.
Thank you for contacting Planning and Zoning, a division of the City of Irving Planning and Community Development Department. For Planning and Zoning questions, expect an answer within two business days. For immediate assistance, please call (972) 721-2424.
- To find out the zoning of a property in Irving, visit the Interactive Web Map. Use the iMap Instructions (PDF) to assist with finding Parcel Zoning.
- To learn about the allowed uses for a particular zoning category, visit the City of Irving Unified Development Code. Zoning districts are described in Chapter 2.
- For written confirmation of allowable uses for a property, users can request a Zoning Verification Letter.
- For application cut-off schedules, zoning change applications, subdivision applications, fee schedules or related documents, visit the Applications and Forms page.
- Visit the Planning and Zoning Commission page for agendas and minutes of upcoming and past meetings.
- Interested in general demographic information about the City of Irving? Read the Citywide Snapshot.