Community Development and Housing
Due to Limited public access in City Hall:
• To submit a Home Rehabilitation application or a Down Payment Assistance Program application, you must set up an appointment through our office. Please call (972)721-4800 to do so.
• To mail in any payments for our programs, please send to: Irving City Hall-Community Development 825 W. Irving Blvd. Irving, TX 75060
• For questions concerning these and other Community Development programs, please call (972) 721-4800 before visiting City Hall.
The Community Development and Housing division administers three primary U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grants. Read on...
Annually, volunteers from throughout the community go out to search and survey homeless people in Irving. This annual count and survey of the homeless population, held in concert with regional and national efforts, assists policy makers in the development of programs and services to help this vulnerable population.
This annual event is could not be possible without the help of other organizations, such as Many Helping Hands.
The City of Irving’s Community Development division (formerly Housing and Human Services Department) helps provide housing-related and social services to stabilize neighborhoods and to help reduce the effects of poverty on Irving residents through the U.S. Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD) funds.
Some of the responsibilities of the Community Development division include:
- Manage the home restoration program.
- Administer the down payment assistance program.
- Help construct and rehabilitate affordable homes in the community.
- Provide social services.
- Provide homeless services.
Manager, Planning & Community Development
825 W. Irving Blvd.
Irving, TX 75060
P: (972) 721-4800
F: (972) 721-4813
Homeless and Rental Assistance
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.