Housing and Redevelopment
BEFORE visiting CITY HALL
- All applications are now online! Register for an account to begin the application process - Online Application.
- Payments should be mailed to: Irving City Hall-Housing and Redevelopment, 825 W. Irving Blvd., Irving, TX 75060.
- For questions about any Housing and Redevelopment program, call (972) 721-4800 before visiting City Hall.
The City of Irving’s Housing and Redevelopment Division launched a new portal making it easier for residents to apply for Down Payment Assistance, Home Rehabilitation and Rental or Homelessness Assistance. Read on...
Eligible first-time homebuyers in Irving have access to as much as $50,000 through the city’s Down Payment Assistance Program to help purchase their home. Read on...
The Community Development and Housing division administers three primary U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grants. Read on...
Annually, volunteers from throughout the community go out to search and survey homeless people in Irving. This annual count and survey of the homeless population, held in concert with regional and national efforts, assists policy makers in the development of programs and services to help this vulnerable population.
This annual event is could not be possible without the help of other organizations, such as Many Helping Hands.
The City of Irving’s Housing and Redevelopment division helps provide housing-related and social services to stabilize neighborhoods and to help reduce the effects of poverty on Irving residents through the U.S. Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD) funds.
Some of the responsibilities of the Housing and Redevelopment division include:
- Manage the home restoration program.
- Administer the down payment assistance program.
- Help construct and rehabilitate affordable homes in the community.
- Provide social services.
- Provide homeless services.