Noise Complaints

Excessive barking, howling or other noises from animals kept on a resident’s property disturb the peace and quiet of surrounding neighbors. It is also a violation of Section 6-80 Animal Nuisances of the Irving Code of Ordinances.

Residents can report a problem online or contact an Irving Animal Services Officer at (972) 721-2256

First Complaint

An Animal Services Officer (ASO) will investigate the complaint. The ASO will notify the owner of the complaint and provide information about how to resolve the noise issue.

Second Complaint

An ASO will investigate the complaint and follow up with the owner to provide information about how to resolve the noise issue.

An ASO will provide the complainant a Noise Complaint Log form and instructions for pursuing a case with the Irving Municipal Court. The complainant will need to log the date(s), time(s) and duration(s) of the noise. It is also recommended that the complainant provide an audio or video recording to support the written log.

Is Your Pet Making Noise?

Click here for tips about possible causes and solutions for nuisance noise. 

Contact Us

  1. IAS Field Services

    (972) 721-2256

    8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Daily 

    Emergency response only after normal business hours and city holidays. Please contact Irving Police Department at the non-emergency numbers:

    P: (972) 273-1010

    P: (972) 721-2518