Fees Related to Nonpayment or Misuse of System
- A $25 collection fee will be assessed on all accounts with a past due balance as of 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled service interruption.
- A $50 fee will be collected for each field contact resulting in locking or removal of the meter or any unauthorized device being used to obtain water illegally.
- Charges equal to the cost of parts and labor for damage to the meter, locking device and/or connection resulting from an attempt to reconnect water service by anyone other than a city employee varies.
- Meter tests: $40. The fee is waived if meter testing reveals the meter was reading inaccurately.
- Meter re-read: $7. The fee is waived if the inspection reveals the meter was read incorrectly.
The connection fee is a nonrefundable fee to cover the cost of establishing or transferring services. Fees are as follows:
- Standard Fee: $15
- Next Day: $20
- Same Day: $30