- State of Texas | SNAP Food Benefits
- North Texas Food Bank: Email email@example.com or call (214) 269-0906 for benefits.
- Roar 4 Change Support Our Seniors (SOS): Offering free food delivery to Dallas-Fort Worth area seniors. Accepting donations and seeking volunteers.
- Governor, HHSC Announce Extension of Emergency SNAP Benefits During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Food Benefits Deadline Extended to Aug. 21 for Families Affected by COVID-19 School Closures
- Crisis Ministries: (972) 254-0973
- Salvation Army: (972) 438-6552
- Irving Cares: (972) 721-9181
- North Texas Food Bank: (214) 269-0906
Free Meals to Students
- Irving ISD Grab and Go Lunches distributes six breakfasts and six lunches (12 meals) for students one day a week. See meal pickup locations.
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD Grab and Go Lunches distributes five breakfasts and five lunches (10 meals) for students one day a week. Dinners also available on separate schedule.
- Coppell ISD Free Sack Lunches distributes lunches Monday through Thursday (2 meals provided on Thursdays). Breakfast meals included on Monday through Wednesday distributions.
City of Irving Meal Programs
Irving Library Summer Meals for Youth
Through the generosity of CitySquare Food, children ages 1-18 will be provided with free meals during the Library’s Summer Reading Challenge. Children must be present to receive a meal. No registration is required.
Meals are distributed in a grab-and-go format in the library parking lots, on Mondays and Wednesdays through Aug. 7.
- 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. | West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Road
- 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. | South Irving Library, 601 Schulze Drive (in the parking lot across the street from South Library)
- 2:30 to 3:45 p.m. | East Library and Learning Center, 440 S. Nursery Road
Learn more at the Library’s Summer Meals page.
Parks and Recreation SUMMER YOUTH MEALS PROGRAM
- Residents 18 and younger are eligible for the free summer meals program (meals to go), available at Lee Park and Senter Park recreation centers beginning June 8.
- Call your local recreation center for food service hours.
- For updates, visit the @IrvingParksandRecreation Facebook page or call your local recreation center.
Parks and Recreation SENIOR MEALS PROGRAM
Senior Irving residents are eligible for low-cost meals through the Heritage Senior Center. Membership at the Senior Center is not required, but an application packet must be filled out. For details, visit the Heritage Senior Center’s Meal Program page.