Rental, Mortgage and Homelessness Assistance from the City of Irving
Are you a City of Irving resident in danger of eviction or foreclosure due to COVID-19? You may be eligible for assistance from the city.
Visit Irving's Community Development and Housing website for eligibility requirements and more details.
Dallas County Reopens Emergency Housing Assistance Program
Irving residents are eligible to receive short-term emergency housing assistance from Dallas County to pay rent, mortgage or utilities. The assistance is the form of a grant, and no repayment is needed. Payments are made directly to the landlord, mortgage company or utility provider.
Assistance for EHAP is eligibility-based and will be processed through a lottery system.
- Dallas County Tenant Hotline: (833) 743-0072 or (214) 653-6563; Email Tenanthotline@dallascounty.org
- Housing Crisis Center: (214) 828-9623
- Texas Tenants Union: (214) 823-2733
- Texas Apartment Association (TAA) | COVID-19 Resources for Renters: Also, FAQs and other resources from TAA.
- Apartment Association of Greater Dallas (AAGD) COVID19 Response: AAGD report of recommendations to landlords and rental management companies, Frequently Asked Questions and social services resources addressing the needs of renters.
- Asociacion de Apartamentos del Area de Dallas en Respuesta al COVID-19