Dallas County Offers Emergency Housing Assistance Program
Irving residents are eligible to receive housing assistance from Dallas County to pay rent, mortgage or utilities (water/sewer utilities only). The assistance is the form of a grant, and no repayment is needed. Payments are made directly to the landlord, mortgage company or utility provider.
To qualify, Dallas County residents must:
- Have lived within the county since March 1, but outside Dallas city limits. See eligible ZIP codes.
- Make less than 80% of the Dallas-area median household income (i.e., $48,300/individual).
- Not have received additional housing assistance from the CARES federal stimulus program via another agency.
- Not currently on a voucher program, living in HUD assisted units or living in a relative’s home.
Participants must provide documentation showing the impact of COVID-19 on their living circumstances, such as job or income loss, reduction in work hours or increased health care expenses. Other documentation is required, such as ID, proof of occupancy and lease or mortgage statement. For more information, visit these nonprofit partners’ websites or call:
- Crisis Ministries: (972) 254-0973
- Dallas County Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program
- Dallas County Veterans Service Office: (972) 692-4939
- Irving Cares: (972) 721-9181
- Irving Community Service Center: (972) 251-4054
- Salvation Army of Dallas County and Irving: (972) 721-9503
- St. Vincent de Paul Society: (972) 665-8759
- Texas Department of State Health Services: 211, Option 6
- Urban Community Center of North Texas: (469) 913-8202
City Utilities: Water, Sewer, Trash Services
Other Utilities and Services | View List
- Atmos Energy | Bill Pay Assistance for individuals and businesses
- Email Complaints to Atmos Energy
- Frontier Communications | Lifeline Program
- Charter Communications | Free Spectrum Internet Program
- AT&T | Discounted Internet Service