Irving Housing and Utility Assistance Program (EHAP)
Through funds from Dallas County under the Coronavirus Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the City of Irving offers emergency rental, mortgage and utilities assistance for eligible residents.
Note that completing an application does not guarantee a resident will qualify for the program. Up to $2,000 per month for six months maximum is now available to pay past-due and currently due mortgage/rent and utility bills (gas, electric and internet service only).
The city has partnered with Catholic Charities of Dallas to provide financial relief. Catholic Charities is accepting applications on a first-come, first-served basis.
In order to qualify, City of Irving residents must:
- Have lived in the City of Irving for the last two months and currently lives in the city.
- Have been directly financially impacted by COVID-19: loss of job/income; furlough; reduction in hours/pay; increased COVID-19 household expenses related to healthcare or childcare.
- Have a total household income less than 120 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI).
- Not received other CARES Act housing assistance at the same time from another agency, such as Dallas County or another nonprofit entity.
|Household Size||Program Upper Limit - 120% AMI|
Residents must provide the following documentation in order to complete an application:
- Personal identification: government ID, passport, driver’s license or green card.
- Proof of residency and occupancy: current lease agreement or mortgage statement.
- Proof of COVID-19 financial impact: letter from employer certifying job loss, furlough or reduction in hours/pay; copy of unemployment benefits; paycheck stubs;or bank statements.
- Copies of past-due bills: ledger statement from landlord; mortgage statement; gas, electricity or internet bills.
Dallas County Offers Emergency Housing Assistance Program
Irving residents are eligible to receive housing assistance from Dallas County to pay rent, mortgage or utilities. The assistance is the form of a grant, and no repayment is needed. Payments are made directly to the landlord, mortgage company or utility provider.
To qualify, Dallas County residents must:
- Have lived within the county since March 1, but outside Dallas city limits. See eligible ZIP codes.
- Make less than 80% of the Dallas-area median household income (i.e., $48,300/individual).
- Not have received additional housing assistance from the CARES federal stimulus program via another agency.
- Not currently on a voucher program, living in HUD assisted units or living in a relative’s home.
Participants must provide documentation showing the impact of COVID-19 on their living circumstances, such as job or income loss, reduction in work hours or increased health care expenses. Other documentation is required, such as ID, proof of occupancy and lease or mortgage statement. For more information, visit these nonprofit partners’ websites or call:
- Crisis Ministries: (972) 254-0973
- Dallas County Veterans Service Office: (972) 692-4939
- Irving Cares: (972) 721-9181
- Salvation Army of Dallas County and Irving:
- St. Vincent de Paul Society: (972) 879-5115
- Texas Department of State Health Services: 211, Option 6
City Utilities: Water, Sewer, Trash Services
Other Utilities and Services | View List
- Atmos Energy | Bill Pay Assistance for individuals and businesses
- Email Complaints to Atmos Energy
- Frontier Communications | Lifeline Program
- Charter Communications | Free Spectrum Internet Program
- AT&T | Discounted Internet Service